News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcrum87hc

Thanks for showing up J.  If I could have, I'd have made the drive from SC.  Every report I've read mimics yours.  I was very happy with the turnout, and it speaks volumes that there wasn't a single issue of violence or mishandling of guns, considering the vast numbers.  It also gave me hope to see a mix of men and women from all races, backgrounds, creeds, and religions.   

Sadly,  I don't believe the wannabe King Ralph and his ilk will be swayed.  I hope I'm wrong.
Jeremiah 17:7

Woolly Bugger

best part of the report was the brisket sammy, jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 21, 2020, 16:48:14 PMbest part of the report was the brisket sammy, jis say'in

But did you see the shirtless man in the poster?  That was juicier than the brisket.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on January 21, 2020, 16:51:53 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 21, 2020, 16:48:14 PMbest part of the report was the brisket sammy, jis say'in

But did you see the shirtless man in the poster?  That was juicier than the brisket.
To each their own...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hcrum87hc

I mean...it did look pretty dang good.  Brisket sandwiches should be protected under the Constitution for sure.  It'd definitely fall under "the pursuit of happiness" from the Declaration of Independence.

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: hcrum87hc on January 21, 2020, 16:27:09 PMThanks for showing up J.  If I could have, I'd have made the drive from SC.  Every report I've read mimics yours.  I was very happy with the turnout, and it speaks volumes that there wasn't a single issue of violence or mishandling of guns, considering the vast numbers.  It also gave me hope to see a mix of men and women from all races, backgrounds, creeds, and religions.   

Sadly,  I don't believe the wannabe King Ralph and his ilk will be swayed.  I hope I'm wrong.

The whole march was an act of violence and overt political terrorization, that it didn't break into open physical violence is a testament to the degree that the show of force intimidated the opposition and kept counterprotesters off the streets.

Phil

I'm in the middle on this one, kind of. I'm all for the demonstration in support of the 2nd Amendment if the VA residents feel it is being threatened by proposed gun laws. I think it is stupid and a form of "overt political terrorization"(Dylar's words), however, to carry around long guns like AK's and 50 cal. rifles in public, even if the law allows open carry. Why make the general public feel threatened in the light of all the recent mass shootings? 

Big J

I understand that point Phil. And in VCDL's defense, they told everyone that if they want to help our cause, leave the long guns at home. Said you can bring them if you want, it's your right, but they would prefer you didn't due to optics to public.

On another note, the acts of violence was solely a label to the event given for political reasons by Northam and media. The organization has been doing this event for over a decade I believe. Not a single incident of violence or white supremacy. Sure, a few bad actors and morons on the internet might of said dumb things, but it's the internet. The track record and narrative being put out by event organizers were not what opposition or media were reporting. It was overhyped politicalization of a rally around the constitution. That is it. There were transgenders there, homosexuals, African Americans, Asians, women, men, old, and young. Obviously the minority groups saw right through the BS and they were welcomed with open arms.  If you don't believe me, look up their testimonies on the event.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Dylar on January 22, 2020, 10:37:45 AMThe whole march was an act of violence and overt political terrorization, that it didn't break into open physical violence is a testament to the degree that the show of force intimidated the opposition and kept counterprotesters off the streets.

Such violence.  Much terror.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The rally was inclusive of anyone and everyone, as long as they didn't want to infringe on the rights of others.  And there were counter protesters there.  Members of the Revolutionary Communist Party are reported to have attended in opposition.  Also, who'd have thought the presence of firearms prevents violence...what a novel idea.

Quote from: Big J on January 22, 2020, 11:30:37 AMThe track record and narrative being put out by event organizers were not what opposition or media were reporting. It was overhyped politicalization of a rally around the constitution. That is it. 

This.  Look at how the media portrayed the event prior and during the rally.  They were hoping something would happen so they could say, "told you so."

Sedition and Pockets

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: hcrum87hc on January 22, 2020, 13:13:42 PMThey were hoping something would happen so they could say, "told you so."

Bullshit!  You can't be that tribally, gullibly ignorant!!!  The "told you so" premise does not hold up in my mind.   

Considering what happened in Charlottesville in 2017, I doubt the authorities jumped the gun on its pre-evaluation of this rally. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

driver

I see they got a picture of every person that wasn't a white male attending.

Tactical guys are weird. I know several, and it like they always hoping the shit hits the fan one day, because they have researched on YouTube all the tactical ways to kill someone. And hope to use it one day. And will gladly tell you all about it.

Onslow

Quote from: driver on January 22, 2020, 22:07:45 PMTactical guys are weird. I know several, and it like they always hoping the shit hits the fan one day, because they have researched on YouTube all the tactical ways to kill someone. And hope to use it one day. And will gladly tell you all about it.

Such fixations are the norm for ASD folks who are high functioning.  BTW, did you know there were at least 300 commercial varieties of red delicious apples?  I've memorized them all.......

Big J

Quote from: driver on January 22, 2020, 22:07:45 PMI see they got a picture of every person that wasn't a white male attending.

Tactical guys are weird. I know several, and it like they always hoping the shit hits the fan one day, because they have researched on YouTube all the tactical ways to kill someone. And hope to use it one day. And will gladly tell you all about it.

They also got pictures of every group carrying slung AR's. Like I said earlier, it was far from the majority. But looking at media pictures you'd think you weren't allowed into Richmond unless you were carrying one.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 22, 2020, 18:47:33 PM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on January 22, 2020, 13:13:42 PMThey were hoping something would happen so they could say, "told you so."

Bullshit!  You can't be that tribally, gullibly ignorant!!!  The "told you so" premise does not hold up in my mind.   

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid! 

So you're telling me the liberal, anti-2A MSM wouldn't have eaten it up if something had occurred?  They've been trying to vilify the attendees since days before the event (and gun owners in general for years), and even continued to throughout the day of the event.  I've seen numerous people, including those in the MSM, spouting lies about the event and the people who attended trying to make it out to have been some white nationalist/supremacist rally as opposed to a 2A rally open to anyone, regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, etc. 

Had something happened, those same talking heads would have been snapping at the bit to say, "See, they are violent and the guns have to go.  We were right all along." Instead, you have gun owners saying, "See, we're not violent.  We just want to be left alone."

In regards to those carrying ARs and all kitted out, do I believe that was necessary or the best way to go about it?  No, but it's their right to do so, so I don't begrudge them that, and I definitely don't consider that a mode of violence or terrorism.