Nodda @ Lost Cove Today

Started by jonesn4redeyez, October 25, 2009, 17:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesn4redeyez

Nothing hitting any flies that I smacked the water with but my buddy did get a 10 inch Brown on an ultra light with a very small brown craw fish lure.That was it from 8:45 til noonish.  My first time there and nice hike in and outta there was some what painful. Have to try it again when we can do an over nighter! 
                    JONESN

CR

Nice place- I think this stream really went downhill when all the folks started posting about it online in the last year.
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

Boykin

See any snakes? I used to frequent that stream back in the 90's and saw at least one copperhead or rattler each time!

jonesn4redeyez

No snakes but did see a bloody hiker though! Cool spot just wish I would have caught some fish........

jonesn4redeyez

Im new at this forum and dont know what DH is??????????

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Oldman

Nice BS WB. I dont know where you come up with this stuff. Really funny for the most part!!!

Seriously, DH is an acronymn for Designated Handicapped trout streams. It has been established for the trout fishermen (and women) who spend all that money on flyfishing stuff and expect imediate results due to the funding that they have invested. Kinda like the way most americans are today a little narcistic in that they want immediate results with very little or no effort on thier part.

jonesn4redeyez

Thanks Holy Bugger!! I know now................. o-o

Get Bent

Quote from: Oldman on November 17, 2009, 19:47:19 PM
Nice BS WB. I dont know where you come up with this stuff. Really funny for the most part!!!

Seriously, DH is an acronymn for Designated Handicapped trout streams. It has been established for the trout fishermen (and women) who spend all that money on flyfishing stuff and expect imediate results due to the funding that they have invested. Kinda like the way most americans are today a little narcistic in that they want immediate results with very little or no effort on thier part.

Now that is some funny shit.... Designated handicapped ;hb... Reminds me of the D-bag in a wide brimmed hat Orvis head to toe wearing waders in 80 degree weather in knee deep water flailing his fly rod with no clue what to do. ;)

Konichiwa Bitches!

Perchjerker

QuoteReminds me of the D-bag in a wide brimmed hat Orvis head to toe wearing waders in 80 degree weather in knee deep water flailing his fly rod with no clue what to do.

that's what we always called an "Orvis Poster Boy"... 

Last one I saw was at the D, next to the bridge at the hatchery.  Had his high dollar guide in tow, spotting for giants from his elevated perch like he was in NZ or something...  Silly, didnt quite describe it.

diaz dassie

Avery County has the goods.Tough cricks, mean wild trout.The Hike in is insane to some of the head waters.Do it from the BRPW and ur game.Brookies all the way.Hope everyone has a great thxgivin.I'll be somewhere in Appalachia huntin down some quarry as we say in England...

adamsdadd

I, for one, just wish this thread would die.  :-X o-o >:( ::)
"We're making memories here.....shut the hell up!"......Chris Smith

Trout Maharishi

Man, that's to bad to hear. Those use to be some great little wild streams ;hb Just full of specs in the headwaters, I mean some big ones ;D :angel: Haven't fished over there in a couple of years but the last time we went I bet we caught 25-30 fish apiece, and a couple of specs that would have gone in the 10-12" range, really nice ones. 0--0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mstash

The 04 flood did the streams in for the most part and just haven't recovered.
And the fact that people post on the net. reports from Blue lines and that opens it up to more people o-o.I use to fish it in the 70's-80's. You could go in there and not see anyone for a week and keep a few for the camp fire

flyman

I think it was all the secret fly patterns that were reveled on the internet that lead to the down fall of fish population ;D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!