News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Flying with a rod

Started by Clemsontygerfan, August 09, 2013, 13:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemsontygerfan

Anyone carried one on a domestic flight lately?

Grannyknot

International Falls -> Minneapolis/St Paul
Minn/St Paul -> Knoxville.

Was allowed to put a 4-piece tube in the overhead compartment both times, in addition to my carry on.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Woolly Bugger

Most, if not all overheads have an opening in the back that connects two adjacent compartments, allowing longer tubes to fit. At least that's what I experienced the last time I flew to Montana. Well most likely take a 3 piece, a 4 piece, but I'm seriously thinking about carrying a 2 piece boo rod,  in its four foot tube!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

I flew all over last summer and fall with a two piece 8' - 6" and a four piece. Always put them in overhead, never a problem.

Clemsontygerfan

Right on!  Thanks for the input.  I'm heading up to New Hampshire / Maine for work (flying into Logan) and possibly bringing back a 2-piece. 

OldDominionAngler

Flown with a 4 piece multiple times in the last couple years and never had a problem.

Transylwader

Flew to CO twice last year with a two piece 9' rod, so did Socks. They either let you leave it up front near the door or they'll let you hold onto it in your seat. I fly US Airways all the time since a buddy's wife works for them (stand by seats) and usually get 1st class. I am not sure of other airlines allow this flexibility...

sanjuanwormhatch

They don't call it a fly rod for nothin.