News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

hello

Started by mrmotley, February 18, 2012, 04:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmotley

I suppose I should introduce myself. Have lurked here for a few months but I wanted to respond to a sale ad so I finally took the plunge and registered. I lurk/post over on the SEFFF from time to time under the same name.

I've been fly fishing since I was in my early teens. Went through a cold spell through college and much of my early twenties (which is sad because i lived abroad for much of that time in places that would have been amazing to fish), but came back to it hard in my late twenties. Most of the time I fish for trout in Western NC/SW Virginia/E. Tennessee but also chase carp fairly regularly. I took up fly tying about two years ago and have really enjoyed the flexibility it offers, especially when it comes to new patterns for carp. I am generally an avid outdoorsman and prefer remote streams and native brookies to the DH fest. That said, I live in the Triangle and place like the Mitchell River and Wilson Creek are at the limit of what I can fish in a day from home. When I have >1 day, I head to the Smokies.

That's about as personal as I'll venture to be in this strange online age we live in. I am looking forward to the banter on this forum.

Dougfish

Welcome! Lively banter over here.

Woolly Bugger

mostly low rent banter at best...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

smokin hog

Welcome. Pull up a chair stay abit.

mrmotley

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 18, 2012, 09:54:21 AM
mostly low rent banter at best...

I have noted that many of you guys are also Drakians so I'm not surprised.

I only lurk over there as I don't have the appetite for that environment. Great TR's over there, though, and the unlimited t***g thread, of course.

I've seen some excellent TR's over here too, and on home waters, which make them all the better. Love the fly pattern section.

overbrook

Theres boobs on the Drake too....thats why I hang out over there.   'c;

smokin hog

Not a drake myself. But i like it here. Anytime u want to talk bluelines just hollar im highly addicted

_Fish_Pimp