News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Campin' & Feeshin' 9/16

Started by Grannyknot, September 20, 2011, 11:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyknot

Late last week, my wife & I took our 7 month old boy on his first multi-day camping trip.  We spent Thursday and Friday night at Julian Price park, and Saturday we got a hotel room in Asheville to shower up, go out to eat, and celebrate our 4th anniversary.  Friday we did a little hiking in the Wilson Creek area, and I was able to get in about an hour of fishing.  It was a pretty productive hour, with a fish or 2 in every pool.  I typically consider it sacrilege to fish a hook with neon chenille wrapped around it, but they were hungry for weenies.  I found a good mix of browns and rainbows.

Typical pool & run....

I was making 30 foot casts in some of the bigger pools.  These rainbows really fought hard when they hit in the deep pools.  Even made the drag sing a few times.

Best fish of the day, just over 12".  Caught him right in front of the family and brought a smile to Crosby's face.

View from the hike out...

The fancy beer train was rollin' down the tracks all weekend, so naturally, I didn't hesitate to partake after the hike out.

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

mecnc

Nice fish, looks like a good time. Congrats on the anniversary.

benben reincarnated

Nice browns and bows.   ;D

Nice choice of beer...they also make a good Kolsch if that's your thing.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Epic Cody, I haven't fished up in there in a few months. Should hammer it one more time this year so those spotted shits know wassup!
Good to hear you managed to get the missus and the bambino out n about 'c;

Grannyknot

Quote from: benben on September 20, 2011, 13:46:04 PM

Ben, I'm generally not a fan of german style beers, but I hear Kolsch is a little hoppier than others, so I may give it a try.
I usually stick to stouts, brown ales, and IPAs (particularly those hoppy enough to suck your cheeks in).
For the haters....I also like Coors Light, Peebr, & Bud Heavy.

Also....when I was in A-ville, I noticed that Asheville Hardware closed.  :(

Grannyknot

Quote from: Transylwader on September 20, 2011, 14:46:59 PM
Epic Cody, I haven't fished up in there in a few months. Should hammer it one more time this year so those spotted shits know wassup!
Good to hear you managed to get the missus and the bambino out n about 'c;

Thanks bro.  I wouldn't exactly call it "epic", but thanks for stoking my family-man lameness.
I'm itchin to get back up there with a 40lb pack and a bottle of cheap whiskey.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Grannyknot on September 20, 2011, 14:48:17 PM
Quote from: benben on September 20, 2011, 13:46:04 PM

Ben, I'm generally not a fan of german style beers, but I hear Kolsch is a little hoppier than others, so I may give it a try.
I usually stick to stouts, brown ales, and IPAs (particularly those hoppy enough to suck your cheeks in).
For the haters....I also like Coors Light, Peebr, & Bud Heavy.

Also....when I was in A-ville, I noticed that Asheville Hardware closed.  :(

Asheville Hardware moved to off the beaten path down the street across from Green Man Brewery.  When my work was in downtown I used to go to their old location a lot, haven't been to their new location much since we moved offices and pretty much only frequent it when I need a specialty item quick-like. 

Well I HATE hoppy beers and like their Kolsch for what that is worth.

tattdflythrower

nice! love a beer after a days hike and sum feesh
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Holmes

Hey at least you was able to sneak a few casts in.  :D Good stuff granny 'c;