News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Native Fisher

Unfortunately, it was happening here.  They were getting cases where people had been at large family gatherings after the state had announced restrictions.  A recent one went out of state to a national hotspot and brought it back. I understand that family and celebrations are important to their culture but you need to understand the circumstances and respect the state guidelines. My wife banned my daughter that lives in Richmond from visiting our house.

Onslow

Quote from: Native Fisher on May 19, 2020, 13:22:04 PMUnfortunately, it was happening here.  They were getting cases where people had been at large family gatherings after the state had announced restrictions.  A recent one went out of state to a national hotspot and brought it back. I understand that family and celebrations are important to their culture but you need to understand the circumstances and respect the state guidelines. My wife banned my daughter that lives in Richmond from visiting our house.

White extended family gatherings are nearly nonstop in my hood since phase I started in NC. I have no idea why. The risk level has increased at least 10 fold in the last two weeks. There is more socializing going on now than there was before the virus. Said gatherings do not consist of local fam, but people from all over the state, and some out of state. Main street is clogged with their cars.

When my wife goes to work, she sneaks around trying to avoid people.  She locks her classroom door, and shuts the blinds, and keeps the lights off to work. If not, people will expect hugs.  This is why school cannot start.  School could start back up this Fall if people were clear headed enough to follow protocol, but short attention spans, lack of discipline, and laziness will make any attempt to resume on site classes an epic disaster.

Phil

"The risk level has increased at least 10 fold in the last two weeks. There is more socializing going on now than there was before the virus."
Agree, Onslow. Same happening here. People have no discipline or attention spans, or are just plain stupid, imo. I heard a Yahoo say, "We're smart enough not to get sick." He was standing with a group of people, none were wearing masks or gloves.  b';

troutfanatic

We are not even beginning to get over the hump yet.

Take your Plaquenil/hydroxychloroquine like our fearless leader and it'll be alright.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Onslow

Woolly Bugger

Phase 2 is green lighted

I'm still operating on Phase Zero
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Official reminds public to avoid touching other people's balls https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uowPF_1589913311
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 22, 2020, 16:53:10 PMI wonder if our hubris and individualism, coupled with firm tribalism, will get the best of us?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/doctor-believes-this-is-why-cases-are-trending-up-in-us-but-down-elsewhere/vi-BB15JQZL?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

Add stupidity and ignorance and I think ya hit the old nail square on the head.

troutrus

When our nation has a leader that will choose music themes such as this vs "Live and let die", perhaps we will again be viewed as a world leader.