News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

carp

Started by bullship, September 07, 2010, 06:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

Got out Sunday with Ryan and Capt. Paul and hooked up on a couple. I'm rusty as hell, but managed one little guy after losing a couple due to slow hooksets, and one very heavy handed hookset. Nothing broke on the boat...so it was a good day. Carp carrots are the shiznit.

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

blue ridge angler

looks like a great time.. 0:0
I have yet to catch a carp on the fly..
maybe next year..

diaz dassie

Nice on bro. Nothin better than a bronze back, did Mr Get Bent offer you some piss in a bottle? Miller low life :-*

Get Bent

Quote from: Transylwader on September 07, 2010, 11:51:13 AM
Nice on bro. Nothin better than a bronze back, did Mr Get Bent offer you some piss in a bottle? Miller low life :-*

Ahh c'mon, I bought the piss in the bottle for you. I figured you would feel at home :P. We sipped on some Dales Pale Ale for your info! ;D

Good day on the water until the boats started churning it up! Sight fishing to carp is addicting.

<-;: V:; -+; -+; -+; -+; -+; -+; /"\ d:b

and some more of this one.... -+; -+; -+; -+;
Konichiwa Bitches!

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

jwgnc

Carp can be a hoot on a fly-rod.  I've only caught one.  Kinda looks like a warm water Whitefish.  I assume they can't jump - or at least they don't enjoy it.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

diaz dassie

You guys be carpinc*nters then! Good on ya, yeah Ryan, you are at least right about me drinking anything with fizz in a can, no wonder I always feel like shit...

overbrook

You guys suck!  >:D  Last few times out I've seen plenty of fish...but could'nt get em' to eat for hell. b';  I googled "carp carrot" and got about a dozen different patterns....but it appears the jist of it is a carrot colored sort of soft hackle nymph.....damn it....I even threw one of those...I take have a brief take from a sucker....but popped it right out of his mouth on the hook set.

Nice work!!  bd;0

bullship

Quote from: overbrook on September 08, 2010, 05:25:20 AM
You guys suck!  >:D  Last few times out I've seen plenty of fish...but could'nt get em' to eat for hell. b';  I googled "carp carrot" and got about a dozen different patterns....but it appears the jist of it is a carrot colored sort of soft hackle nymph.....damn it....I even threw one of those...I take have a brief take from a sucker....but popped it right out of his mouth on the hook set.

Nice work!!  bd;0

Yeah, they're a bitch. Ryan got one the first time he went out with me, but it took me a long time before I got my first one to the boat. Keep trying the carrot. The one we were using was the sparsest fly I think I've ever tied, but they were chasing it down. The next month should be really good. Clear-ish low water and hungry fishes in the flats.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.

overbrook

Quote from: bullship on September 08, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
Quote from: overbrook on September 08, 2010, 05:25:20 AM

Nice work!!  bd;0

Yeah, they're a bitch. Ryan got one the first time he went out with me, but it took me a long time before I got my first one to the boat. Keep trying the carrot. The one we were using was the sparsest fly I think I've ever tied, but they were chasing it down. The next month should be really good. Clear-ish low water and hungry fishes in the flats.

Yeah....I think we just need some cooler weather down my way....everything was chasing flies...but nothing was eating. b';

bullship

Tell me where you are and I'll check out those carps for you :D

thenextlevel

So who's willing to post a pic or pattern for this carrot fly?   ;D  Help a fellow carping brother out...

bullship

This is a shitty version of one of mine with orange antron body, light olive hungarian partridge hackle, and some wiggle dub for the thorax:

The one these carp were caught with had no thorax dubbing...very simple fly. I believe Mr. P ties the original and fo real carp carrot...

bullship

This is Mr. P's...or John Montana's...not actually sure, but it's a carp carrot:

bullship

This is a spider pig. It is not a carp fly: