Hiking in, camping and fishing

Started by Oldman, November 14, 2008, 16:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Do any of yall do that or am I the only one?? Just wondering.

Woolly Bugger

use to more than i do now, except hiking in to Al's ;)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Woolly, your to modest, you can boulder hop like an old billy gaot... ;D ;D ;D

Wait a minute......you are an old billy goat...he he he he
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Oldman

As stated earlier, Am I the only one?

Z-Man

I am in the process - gearing up and training for spring hikes and camping that will also take in some blue line fishing.  I hope to take time off and hike some of the AT next year, but have to get back in better shape.  Getting there.  Nursing a strained knee at the moment.  Keeps me fishing locally until I can climb again.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

old tom

I do about one a year.  With Bryson City as a base I do more "hike in, fish, hike out, drink a cold beer, eat a warm dinner, sleep in a real bed, repeat as necessary."  Getting soft in my old age.

Oldman

Well Tom, You are not that much older than I am. And, seeing how we only live maybe 15 miles from each other we should try and hit the stream somewhere and share a brew.? After all we are both Methodists.

ColdOnTheShoulder

I do it a good bit, especially in SNP and the George Washington NF.

Oldman

Well now, We need to go. Maybe you can take me to that suspect trib with the suspect wild trout.

CR

I do a few hike in trips a year. I have the gear and should go more often.

CR
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

Oldman

Perhaps we should plan a trip? Bit chilly now though. Maybe come early spring? I am game.

CpRiver4

That's the main way I like to fish. I allows you to get past the average "weekend" crowd. I have more than enough gear and my friend and I are planning a week long trip for the spring to hike/fish SNP.

Oldman

Thats great. What time o year yall going? With the construction business slower than granny going to the doctors office I just wish it was spring.

cmiller51h

That's alright Rex, It'll be Spring soon ... and it'll still be slow! All the time in the world to fish.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Oldman