Okay I'm confused ... again...

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 03, 2011, 22:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was Hank William Jr.'s remark out of line....

Hell no... they shouldn't have pulled him ...
8 (33.3%)
Hell yes... he's toast....
4 (16.7%)
wtf?
3 (12.5%)
I've made a few remarks at band camp....
3 (12.5%)
Hank will be back in a week...
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Woolly Bugger

Watch the interview here http://www.theblaze.com/stories/awkward-moment-on-fox-set-gretchen-carlson-disavows-hank-williams-jrs-obama-hitler-comment/

------------------------

When asked by Gretchen Carlson who he likes in the GOP presidential race, Williams responded, "Nobody." It was after this that the conversation took a bizarre turn. Here is a transcript of the dialogue that followed:

HANK WILLIAMS: Remember the golf game?
STEVE DOOCY: Boehner?
HANK WILLIAMS: That was one of the biggest political mistakes ever.
CO-HOSTS: Why?
HANK WILLIAMS: That turned a lot of people off. You know, watching, you know, it just didn't go over.
GRETCHEN CARLSON: You mean when John Boehner played golf with President Obama?
HANK WILLIAMS: Oh, yeah! Yeah. And Biden and Kasich, yeah. Uh-huh.
GRETCHEN CARLSON: What did you not like about it? It seems to be a really pivotal moment for you.
HANK WILLIAMS: Come on. Come on. It would be like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu, OK?

--------

That's it... he didn't say Obama was like Hitler, he implied Boehner playing golf with Obama was in his mind an adversarial meeting and made as much sense to him as Hitler on the links with Netanyahu...

Perhaps a ban analogy but not that bad.. -0- -0-

IMHO he looked / sounded like he had a few... and why they hell was he being interviewed in the first place????
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

They should fire Gretchen and give him his own show. She got bent outta shape from the beginning when he said he wishes he was there looking at her :-* Like it or not, he tells it like he sees it. ;D He's right about one thing, they are the enemy! >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

Big J

here ya go Mike.

And don't understand who ask Hank Williams Jr. political questions, but it was funny the shocked looked on the Fox and Friends faces  :laugh:

bobbyg

Too bad. That take on All My Rowdy Friends is what defines Monday Night Football.

I think he was blind-sided with a political question with those talking heads hoping he would fuck up.........
and unfortunately, he did. Hope it can be ironed out but in this fucked up society and administration we
currently are burdened with, I doubt it.

Peddler

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MBB

Williams is guilty of using hyperbole, but that is about it.  I am getting increasingly tired of the hypersensitivity of everyone these days.

Transylwader

So he's the numpty who plays his crappy lil tune before MNF games? I do like his demeanor mind you, like a Saffa, speaks the truth and feels nothing. So much for freedom of speech. b';
BTW, Obummer is pune and so are his minions and comrades, they will all drown in a pool of liquid shit >:D

Holmes

Quote from: Transylwader on October 05, 2011, 14:29:36 PM
So he's the numpty who plays his crappy lil tune before MNF games? I do like his demeanor mind you, like a Saffa, speaks the truth and feels nothing. So much for freedom of speech. b';
BTW, Obummer is pune and so are his minions and comrades, they will all drown in a pool of liquid shit >:D

Freedom of speech is encouraged in this country only if your views meet the "politically correct" stance that all the pune libs love. Good ol' U S of A. Should have been CSA, things would be much better right now, I gurantee it....

Peddler

Quote from: Petey on October 05, 2011, 16:23:51 PM
Freedom of speech is encouraged in this country only if your views meet the "politically correct" stance that all the pune libs love.

So THAT'S what happened to the Dixie Chicks and Bill Maher. Friggin' Pinko "politically correct" morons ran 'em out of town. Betcha that'll teach 'em to toe the line. Ya think?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Holmes

They did us all a favor by shooting themselves in the foot. Their music sucked ;D

bobbyg

Quote from: Petey on October 05, 2011, 17:23:36 PM
They did us all a favor by shooting themselves in the foot. Their music sucked ;D

Hold on there muchacho! Bill Maher's music rocked! Although his hair, pockmarked face, political views,
and wardrobe sucked to the max!

p.s. I don't think the friggin' pinkos would want to run one of their own golden-haired bisexuals out of town.