LOS TU Pigeon River Project?

Started by teachrtec, October 01, 2007, 21:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teachrtec

As many of you are aware we,as a chapter, have managed the Pigeon River Project on the East Fork of the Pigeon River.  At the October meeting, one of the topics was the fate of this project.  I would like to know how you feel about this project continuing as a function of our chapter.  Your input would be greatly appreciated.  Below is the link for more information.
http://www.landoskytu.com/PRP_Sponsor_letter_Hefley_06.doc

I personally plan to buy a year sponsorship to the stream in January.  I have fished the waters encompassed by this project.  I had good success and would recommend that each of you go and try it for a day.

Post your comments.  I am conducting an informal survey of the membership LOS TU.
Brad  8)

Trout Maharishi

I think more people would fish it if they knew where it was located and the details required to fish it. I haven't fished it in 3 or 4 years, but it really is a nice stretch of water.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

I have never fish it. What are some of the details?

Thanks
TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

I know were it is. have not fished it. don't care to fish for pellet pigs. wild for me is better.

but i'll try anything once or twice if i've got an itch.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutfreak

where is it at?  I do better with landmarks etc..

teachrtec

I have caught several wild rainbows last trip over there. The water was higher then. I want to get over before it starts snowing.

I'll post more directions for those that want em.
Brad  8)

brownhunter

I would love to know the directions, so please post them.
Thanks
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Trout Maharishi

It's off of 276 between Cruso and the entrance to Shining rock Wilderness area. It is on the left as you head up towards the parkway, the river (Big East Fork of the Pigeon) runs almost along beside the road at this point. I think the name of the road is Camp Hope Rd. I think you still need to be a TU member to fish it. I They manage about 3+ miles of river. It's not just pellet feed pigs and stocked fish either. Lots better deal than Bullhead at Stone Mt any more ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutfreak

cant you pay a fee at the kiosk to fish it?  That is the Old Camp Hope Site, I did not know that was private?????  I have fished above the area closer to Park entrance.

Platypus

Quote from: brownhunter on October 05, 2007, 07:12:00 AM
Thanks

No offense but don't you guys own maps??

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: platypus on October 08, 2007, 10:35:03 AM
Quote from: brownhunter on October 05, 2007, 07:12:00 AM
Thanks

No offense but don't you guys own maps??

apparently some folks can't read maps or bother doing a little research... i found it using http://www.topozone.com
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I don't think they actually want you to know where it's at and fish it, they just want you to be a annual supporting member ::) ;)
― Charles Bukowski

troutfreak

Actually I thought this forum was for sharing information on flyfishing....Heck, I didnt know it was for people to sit around and bitch about someone asking for some location info.  It is not like every person knows where to go and even read maps.  But, I guess you can say what you want as long as you say "no offense." Thats kinda like I just kicked the shit out of you, but I'm now sorry.  You guys just do it politely. :P

Trout Maharishi

Freak the one who should have provided all the info and directions (teachertech) has been slow to respond. You already know where it is , pm him if you need more info. No one is really trying to insult you or anyone else. I'll be the first to admit that some of the  comments here are indeed made tongue and cheek, but for the most part, most of the regulars are pretty good about sharing info. I am aware that some people couldn't find some of these places with a map, a pocket full of compasses, and a GPS, but those skills are developed over time and are needed to be a successful fisherman. I think when this type of post becomes a problem is when someone is unwilling to do any research on their own and feels the rest of the forum members are obligated to post directions for the whole world to see from their doorstep to the stream.
― Charles Bukowski