Vintage Orvis CFO 123 Disc reel w/leather reel case

Started by Doctrout, October 16, 2010, 15:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctrout

I have a vintage, machined aluminum, Orvis CFO 123 Disc reel with a zippered, leather, reel case for sale. This reel is one of the old, English-made disc drag reels with the dark green finish and the bright reel foot. The reel measures 2 7/8 inches in diameter and is designed to hold a 1-4 weight line. The reel is in good cosmetic condition with some wear visible on the edges but no scratches or dents. Will sell for $165 shipped.[img]

Doctrout

I do have several pictures available but this forum is not user friendly to pictures. Thus, if you will PM me with you e-mail address, I will be happy to send them to you.

tattdflythrower

do you know how old it is? and how much it cost new?
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Doctrout

I am afraid that I don't know exactly how old this reel is but it seems like I have had it fifteen years or so. As for the original cost, I am afraid that I don't recall that either. However, these reels have been out of production for quite some time so people are starting to collect them and thus the price is rising accordingly.

Woolly Bugger

most CFO collectors go for the click and pawl models that predate your Disk Break model....

Read this: History of Orvis CFO Reels

jis sayin'
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Doctrout

This reel has now been traded for a March Brown Hidden Waters rod.