Main Menu

- 12-15

Started by trout-r-us, December 17, 2006, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Fished

troutphisher

Wow!
The colors on that brown are excellent!.
Looks like it was a fun day.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

nice brow there, wish i could go back today!!!! o-o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: trout-r-us on December 17, 2006, 13:49:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 17, 2006, 12:33:18 PM
nice brow there, wish i could go back today!!!! o-o

Tomorrow (Monday) looks like the day. Less crowded, 73 degrees and sunny. Clarence's at 8 a.m. for a nice high fat breakfast, then on to the river. See ya there. 0--0

I'd be there with you but have a meeting scheduled so no chance...

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Take ya probation officer with ya Woowee 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

lepomis_mcro

;D great looking brown TRU... anyone going to be up at the smith this wed ?
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on December 17, 2006, 20:11:10 PM
;D great looking brown TRU... anyone going to be up at the smith this wed ?

I'm looking for Tues or Wed before school gets out.... :(

me -There's a season?

Larry

Beautiful fish. It is good to see that not everyone has stopped fishing.

phg

Actually, I was on the Smith Sat. morning.  Very few people were fishing, though.  I did see a couple of guys up toward the dam.  I parked at the mirror factory and went down to the trestle pool.  Fishing was very slow.  I worked downstream through the riff at the tail of the pool with only one hit on a size 20 BH zebra midge, and sighting one jumper (he came clean out of the water, but I couldn't see what he was after).  After a bit, I turned around and worked upstream to the riff at the head of the pool.  Moving upstream I managed to land one on a size 20 olive flashback scud:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The only hatch was some really small cream midges, and I got only one hit on my dryfly, an orange stimulator.

The most interesting thing that happened to me, though, had nothing to do with fishing.  I was standing near one side, with the overhanging branches of a large tree off downstream to my right a good 20 yards.  I heard some geese coming, and looked up to see a pair of geese flying upriver, fairly low and straight toward me.  As they got near the tree they both defecated.  Their turds hit the water well short of my position and I gave it little thought.  A few moments later, though, I heard more geese honking.  I looked up again, and this time, it was a whole wing of geese, maybe 8 or 9, in V formation covering the river from one side to the other.  I swear it was a bombing run!  As they approached my position, almost in unison, they all defecated blanketing the river, from side to side, with excrement!  Fortunately, they hit a little short of my position, but it did make me wonder....

22midge

maybe they were fishing droppers ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

phg,

I thought you were going to tell us that the fish started rising to the poop bombs and that you were working on a new pattern..... ;D
me -There's a season?