News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Detached retina?

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, January 30, 2021, 09:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Any of you folks ever had a detached retina repaired?

I go under the knife on 17 February.  Started having trouble with the right eye back in November during deer season. 

Thanks.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

:o  good luck!

You been fighting in the ring again?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 30, 2021, 15:22:01 PMYou been fighting in the ring again?

Apparently, a low percentage result from my cataract surgery (Jan 2020).   Just bad luck!!!     

Dougfish

That sux.
Godspeed, you sumabitch.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutrus

troutboy_II

Ouch. Good luck. Amazing what they can do these days..

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

bmadd

I think a good leather eye patch would really fit you well

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 30, 2021, 09:44:47 AMAny of you folks ever had a detached retina repaired?

I go under the knife on 17 February.  Started having trouble with the right eye back in November during deer season. 

Thanks.   

Hummm, that is what happens when you let that scope come back and give you a kiss on the eye brow :-* .

Good luck with surgery - as others have said, They can do amazing things today in all areas of the medical field.

Yallerhammer

My dad got one in the service back in the 50s. He was blind in his right eye the rest of his life. A doctor told him back about 2000 that he could fix it in ten minutes with a laser now.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: bmadd on March 16, 2021, 10:00:13 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 16, 2021, 09:42:34 AMI have 'The Earth is Enough' somewhere in my stack, but have not seen it in years.  I need to revisit, as well as his other works.

I priced 'Starlight Creek Angling Society' online.  Not cheap!  BUT, what a gem!

This evening I am off to Charleston WV to have my retina fixed at 6am tomorrow.  Glad to read 'Starlight' before the CF.  A Dr. Hatfield is doing the surgery, and yes he is part of the Hatfield lineage.  I have no McCoy in my tree so I should be OK.

Here's hoping you will be. Are you going to have to recover face down for any amount of time?

Didn't want hijack the 'book/word' thread.

Yes, head/face down for a week or more.  I was scheduled back in Feb, but had to go through multiple exams for pre-op (stress, echo, blood, etc.).  Finally got approval last week. 

I can't see squat out of my right eye.  Big J showed me a photo when we all had lunch.   He said it was his daughter with her dolls, but what I saw was Big J huddled amongst a dozen or more of hand-sewn baby dolls.  Yup, that is what I saw and that is the story as told by my right eye.

The beauty if any from face down for +week is I will not have to look the Mrs in the eye.  I'll tell you if the reprieve is worth it. 

Big J

Best of luck in your surgery and recovery.  I'll add you to a few more telephone prayer call lists.   :wave

troutrus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on March 16, 2021, 10:33:26 AMBest of luck in your surgery and recovery.  I'll add you to a few more telephone prayer call lists.  :wave

I have no aversion to prayer.  I like to "stretch the definition".

https://thoughtcatalog.com/jerry-dewitt/2013/07/how-to-pray-if-youre-an-atheist/

"So yes, to get the most pressing question out of the way, an atheist can in fact pray. (If we stretch the definition of prayer just a little).

Find a secluded space, start talking out loud about what's troubling you and don't stop until you know that you're no longer pretending or hiding from your true self on any level."

bmadd

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 16, 2021, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: bmadd on March 16, 2021, 10:00:13 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 16, 2021, 09:42:34 AMI have 'The Earth is Enough' somewhere in my stack, but have not seen it in years.  I need to revisit, as well as his other works.

I priced 'Starlight Creek Angling Society' online.  Not cheap!  BUT, what a gem!

This evening I am off to Charleston WV to have my retina fixed at 6am tomorrow.  Glad to read 'Starlight' before the CF.  A Dr. Hatfield is doing the surgery, and yes he is part of the Hatfield lineage.  I have no McCoy in my tree so I should be OK.

Here's hoping you will be. Are you going to have to recover face down for any amount of time?

The beauty if any from face down for +week is I will not have to look the Mrs in the eye.  I'll tell you if the reprieve is worth it. 

My thoughts went to how partial you are to feet and will be looking down for a few weeks. I think you postponed this procedure until the weather allowed for women to return to open toed shoes but that's just a hunch

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: bmadd on March 16, 2021, 11:05:41 AMMy thoughts went to how partial you are to feet and will be looking down for a few weeks. I think you postponed this procedure until the weather allowed for women to return to open toed shoes but that's just a hunch

Damned if I ain't exposed myself and all my quirks over the years on this forum.  Guilty!   bmadd, I like how you analyze, and I am pleased you said "women".   Saw via the left eye all kinds of beautiful uncovered painted female toes this weekend in Harrisonburg (JMU co-eds I guess).