News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Political Correctness Gone Mad

Started by Silver Creek, October 21, 2010, 10:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

what a load of shit. you can't even express how you FEEL anymore...

you have to LIKE everybody/thing/one

lose your job because something/one makes you nervous... bull shit!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Your tax dollar$, and donation$, at work. 

While I agree that he probably shouldn't have said what he did on air, I also agree that this is taking PC too far, MUCH too far.  I would threaten to never donate to NPR again, but I quit giving them money long ago....

bugman

Buffalo Springfield
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away"

The ideal initiative is to never be afraid or nervous, and then you'll never have a need to mention it, because there is nothing to cite.

Oldman

Sounds like a violation of his right to free speach.

5xTippett

I had a friend tell me one time that he listened to NPR so he would know what the enemy was thinking!  That is the only reason that I can think of to listen to that mess. >:D

diaz dassie

This is completely retarded. Freedom of speech? Even Ice muthafuckin T agrees...

V:; 'c;

diamonddave7676

Dang!!  I thought maybe this was a link to SELFF.  LOL   ;D

Cowboy

Nope, the "freedoms" our ancestors fought and died for aren't reality anymore. Can't help but laugh at the politically correct libtards. Next election expect an ass whuppin on the other side. 'c;

bugman

Surely Juan understood the dichotomy between NPR and O'Reilly's Fox, and the risk of drawing a paycheck from both. This merely may be nothing more than the common irony of a man stepping on his Johnson. 

troutphisher

Quote from: bugman on October 21, 2010, 20:35:37 PM
Surely Juan understood the dichotomy between NPR and O'Reilly's Fox, and the risk of drawing a paycheck from both. This merely may be nothing more than the common irony of a man stepping on his Johnson.

You have to be joking right?
Blame a guy for having two jobs?

Do you work for NPR?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

bugman

Can you translate Phish?  I did not blame the guy for anything, other than the possibility that he may have misspoke under the environment of his employment with networks that happen to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I salute anyone that has multiple jobs.  In fact, I have 2 jobs; they just happen to be very similar in scope.   Sorry Phish, I ain't your huckleberry. 

flatlander

Quote from: bugman on October 21, 2010, 20:35:37 PM

Of course you're right.  I'm sure the leftists at NPR groaned every time Juan Williams and Mara Liasson appear on Fox billed as "NPR Correspondents".  You have to believe NPR management had already decided to fire him and were just waiting for him to say something they considered outlandish for cause.  I'll bet Vivian Schiller thought she'd been handed a gift when Williams made the comment about Muslims--what's more offensive than a racist comment, right???  Slam dunk.  Problem solved.

Now NPR is in a pickle and it really is kind of funny.  I just sent Schiller an email asking her to fire Nina Totenberg for her comments regarding Jesse Helms in 1995.  We can't have NPR reporters shooting their mouths off like that.  ;D ;D ;D

Woolly Bugger

NPR's Firing of Juan Williams Was Poorly Handled

Juan Williams once again got himself into trouble with NPR for comments he made at his other job, at Fox News. And NPR's reaction has unleashed an unprecedented firestorm of criticism directed not at Williams – but at NPR.

NPR fired Williams Wednesday night after 10 years with the network for comments he made about Muslims on Fox News.

Thursday was a day like none I've experienced since coming to NPR in October 2007. Office phone lines rang non-stop like an alarm bell with no off button. We've received more than 8,000 emails, a record with nothing a close second.

----
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!