Daddy/Daughter fishing trip

Started by hopper, July 27, 2020, 07:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

My daughter came to me with a request to go fishing, just the two of us. She leaves to attend college out of state in a month. I quickly said yes, since she rarely asks to fish anymore.  We decided to hit up a spring creek.  I was hoping to find some beetle action that would make it more exciting for her.  We quickly found a few fish, but they were not very active.  They ignored our Beetles and Ants.  I had her change tatics and get above a pod of fish.  Then had her work a brown and olive wooly bugger down to them to see if we could get one to chase.  I saw a fish feeding a little upstream so I walked up to see if I could get him to eat.  Just as I was getting ready to cast she yelled out and I turned to see her rod bent over.  I jumped out to help her land it.  She had the biggest smile I had seen in a while.  She like many has struggled with losing her senior year of lacrosse, prom, and traditional graduation. After about 2 hours she was ready to go home, so we left.  It was a great day. Sorry for the blurry picture of her fighting the fish.  I was excited!

You cannot view this attachment.

If you hunt with your kids you will never have to hunt for you kids.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Woolly Bugger

Great shot and great memories!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

Looks like y'all had a great day.

NCsporksman

hcrum87hc

Looks like a great day.  I can't wait until my girls are old enough to join me on the water.
Jeremiah 17:7

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Good stuff there, as good as it gets!
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff