Fishing W/ Steve 6-26-09

Started by Al, June 26, 2009, 19:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Went fishing with my friend Steve today at one of his super secret fishing spots. It was hot and we did not have high expectations but we like to get together to catch up on how the world is treating us and to just share some time on the water. Those of you who know Steve, know that he is the eternal optimist. Spend a little time with him and there is no such thing as a bad day on the water.

Here is our charter for the day which I think should be named "Steve's Flower Pot". (He bought it from a guy who had given up fishing and was using it for a flower pot for several years before Steve took it off his hands) Steve cleaned it up and it is once again a good fishing boat.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Captain Steve heading for his secret hole.

First fish of the day. Now that we have the "skunk" behind us we can start looking for some big ones!

Try as we might the big ones had a bad case of the lock jaw today. It was not for lack of trying.

We managed a few more which were barely big enough to get the fly in their mouth. In my opinion the bigger ones have headed for deeper and cooler water.

Even Captain Steve's normal big grin is reduced to a tight lipped one as we head back to the dock.

Not to worry. We were out there, the boat ran well, the company was good and we didn't fall in - what more could you ask? We already made a date for some carp fishing next month. Steve says we will slay them. It doesn't really matter to me it we do or not. Just giving it a try is what counts.