Beautiful Morning on the Smith 6-25-09

Started by rjs123, June 25, 2009, 16:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

They were to start generating at 7AM so I got up early and hit the river at 6AM. I fished what has become my favorite spot,  down in North Bassett. As soon as I walked into the water I spooked a fish near where I walked in and saw large flies coming off the water with rising fish. I wish I could tell you what they were but I dont know, they were large though size 10?.  There were also a lot of very small flies coming off too.  I started out with a foam beetle with a nymph hung from it.  On my first cast I had a nice brown grab the beetle and I was thinking it could be a good day. As it turned out, it was!

Here is the first one of the day:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Just a short time later I had this one on the line.  This time the fish took the dropper.

And for his closeup:

It really love being on the water in the  early morning.  I should probably get out early more often.  Most of time I dont get there till late morning.  With the fog and sun coming through I took time to get a few pictures.

Here is one of the better rainbows:

I caught 12 fish total by the time the water came up a 9:30AM and I was forced to leave the river. I got more rainbows than browns, probably 2 to 1.  I had a few LDRS and missed strikes too. It was one of my better days on the Smith. Not bad for a few hours. I thought about how a lot of people on here like to finish up a good day with a good cold beer.  Well, since I only had some warm PBR in the car and it was only 9:30AM I passed on that. :)

No fishing tomorrow.  They wont shut down now till 12 midnight Friday.  Hopefully they wont generate this weekend. Ill be in town for once on a weekend and will try to get out again.  Anyone want to go fishing?

Woolly Bugger

I'm most likely headed to the SoHo on Sunday - with the Smith as a back up plan...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

Guess Im going to have to come up that way............................
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

Won't know until they tell me the generation schedule.  If you find out first, Peewee, lemme know. :)

22midge

I think its a 24 hour generation Thur night until Fri midnight
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

flatlander

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 25, 2009, 17:02:46 PM
I'm most likely headed to the SoHo on Sunday - with the Smith as a back up plan...

Woolly, have you got your bail money?

RJS...those are great pictures! 

rjs123

Quote from: 5xTippett on June 25, 2009, 20:06:05 PM
Won't know until they tell me the generation schedule.  If you find out first, Peewee, lemme know. :)

No generation planned this weekend.  So come on up here Peewee!

22midge

sounds good hope to be there in the morning or Sun morning.