News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sometimes the leg work pays off

Started by The Dude, April 27, 2015, 18:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I first noticed this stream from a map recon a few years ago.  I finally got to scout it back in January and knew it would be worth a return trip.  This creek's drainage looks small, but the amount of water in it is crazy.  A letter and a few phonecalls later, and I had secured landowner permission to access.  So I called my buddy and we set out west.  This is one of those rare gems that you find after years of scouting dud streams.  I will need to make a return trip another time and explore this drainage further. 

I was messing with my camera settings, so I have a bunch of photos to offer.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

revfox

Beautiful. And great pictures. Love the slow shutter speed. A legit photographer and fishermen, my kind of guy.

Michael Toris

Quote from: brettfox27 on April 27, 2015, 19:33:30 PM
Beautiful. And great pictures. Love the slow shutter speed. A legit photographer and fishermen, my kind of guy.
Buttsecks?

The Dude

No need to get jealous.  You know I don't give it up that easy.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Dammit.   The one day I couldn't go fishing you go there?

The Dude

Ben, I'm thinking a tigger could be had in this stream.

Aka

Transylwader

Fucking hell...
Now errbudday be wanting Tigger.
Nice stream you got there.
I was just looking at the overlays. Yep, schizophrenia set in. Now my 2015 maniacal mission for Tigger kicked in...

benben reincarnated

Errbody is on a tigger mission, always, errday. 

Dougfish

Damn Dude. Laying down the smack.  bd;0
Beautiful pics. What's the camera?

Dee-Vo

I'm curious too....what camera? Good shit. Is there a specific use that warrants the weird settings?

NCsporksman

that was nice to look at, love the TG settings..... you guys won the weekend  'c;

rbphoto

Bravo on the fishing and the photography.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Pretty neat, pretty good, well done
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Those are some good pics. Looks like a good stream too.

Quote from: wildmttrout on April 27, 2015, 19:35:58 PM
Quote from: brettfox27 on April 27, 2015, 19:33:30 PM
Buttsecks?

:laugh: