News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

AWOL without a camera

Started by troutfanatic, May 17, 2015, 20:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

Inspired by Montage of Heck, here's a little Nirvana for yous. All the good ones are Junkies.

SIX months and counting and it is over. That said, it is of minor relevance if I slip away for a day and go fish. This was utter haste. I threw my shit in the car at 5:30 in the morning and went in to work. I let a few people see me and I disappeared. I was in such a hurry I left without a hat, a license and a camera. b'; Iphone happy snaps it is.

Ditched the uniform in a parking lot.

[attach=1]

Props go out to Phallus, Tranny and Rutty. I gave up on this stream a long time ago. They said I was wrong and they were correct.

[attach=2]

At lower elevations I pulled a few dink Leroy juniors.

[attach=3]

Bug life was happening. pale duns and these big ol SOBs were coming around.

[attach=4]

I bypassed a big stretch and went for elevation. Wanted in on some o dat bru-kee action.

[attach=5]

[attach=6]

[attach=7]

I drove 3.5 hours to fish for less than 5. I did around 20 fish, no big ones but I stayed busy and lost probably twice as many.

Beer break- the swill of my youth.

[attach=8]

Not bad for a short run. I need to do this more.

Dee-Vo

Nice. Popular haunt lately. I need to return there at some point.

Onslow

Get it while its good.  If the recent hot nights are any indicator as to whats to come this Summer...the opportunities maybe severely diminished by this Winter, or earlier.   Low of 70 in Foothills in May is just insane. 

raz

right on TF.  rolling rock just aint the same for me once they moved out of Latrobe...  used to do beer tours there in college.

Big J

I can get down to that  d:b

Also extra points on the Nirvana.

Transylwader

Looks like drakes will be coming off this coming weekend. You did far better than me. Sunburn of God, no salties, lost my DL and fishing license in the surf. Sitting at the DMV. Way to spend my barfday...fuck sakes

benben reincarnated

6 months, sweet, hopefully it's all downhill from here for you.

Woolly Bugger

gotta love them big ole green drakes!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!