As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What's the best 5 wt?

Started by Beetle, December 31, 2009, 11:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

Hee hee

Happy New Years!

Everyone be safe tonight.  Best wishes for 2010!

Bug

phg

For a second, I thought I was on the wrong board.

Right back at you!

Z-Man

Saw the subject and clicked expecting to see the fur fly and canned worms opened.  such a let down......

Happy New Year one and all!!!!  Let's go fishing!
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

red-haired-boy

I prefer the Martin and Crystal River brands. You can find great deals on ebay. Never spend over $30 on a fly outfit- rod, reel, and line! It just isn't worth it.

While you at it stock up on flies- I like the ones from Africa that are really cheap (also on ebay) you don't need to spend over 30 cents per fly, just tip it with powerbait (this is called czech nymphing, all the cool people do it).

Felt souled shoes are way over rated too. Especially on those uppity rivers like the South Holston.

Now if you really want to be cool you take lots of pictures of only the really big fish (always blur your face to make you the man of mystery) and speak vaguely about where you caught them (like in east Tenn or western NC).

Always remember fish are stupid- big fish are extra stupid. If you aren't catching at least one 20" fish an hour then you should quit and start playing golf.
0--0

rjs123

The best 5wt is the one that catches the most fish!  ;hb

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!   0--0

jwgnc

The best 5 wt is a "six" pack of Snake River Lager in your right hand, with one opened in your left hand.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

5xTippett

22midge

The best 5wt I ever saw was a blue-eyed blonde midget from St Louis that climbed on top of the arch just to piss on the head of the big people.Happy New Year everyone and thanks Woolley for a place to bull shit with the best.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

trouthemp

The best 5wt is this, but in moderation......
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

blue ridge angler

aaahhh brick weed...they still make that stuff??
I thought it was all fresh sticky-icky these days.. ;hb