News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

WTB 10' 4wt or 5wt rod

Started by chasntrout, April 09, 2013, 13:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfey

Buy one of Ralph's rods, you will be happy.  You will be even happier if he show's you how to fish with it. 

Fishpimple... ahhh nevermind 0:0
Yup, going fishing

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: Jfey on April 17, 2013, 16:50:16 PM
Fishpimple... ahhh nevermind 0:0

Hey now.....I was lucky and never had acne. good one..  'c;

Overbrook--I like slower rods, my favorite being my dickerson 7012 'boo & I really like the garrison 209E taper and I also enjoy fishing glass. When I think of 10 foot rods, I think of 'high performance' broomsticks like the Sage ESN, some echos, greys etc...  I'd rather have a  winston LT, IM6 or WT than one of those. I still get my grandpa's old heddon glass rod out every once in a while. so yea, I like to slow it down.
Also, I built 4- Sevier 10' 8 wt noodles for a salmon/steelhead trip a while back ('09)...didn't like them, made the chuck'n'duck quite difficult. oh well. I know that the rod gets softer as the taper is extended in length; that makes sense that it would be more fun.  I did like the 10' 3wt sevier blank for some bream/crappie, it was fun...sold it though  ::)  Too bad sevier isn't doing business anymore.

Sorry Ralph and company, I probably should have kept my little rant to myself..

overbrook

Mudwall....what was uncalled for was for someone to come into a classified add and basically shit on anyone and everyone who might have a reason for wanting a 10' rod. I don't have a tenkara rod or a spey rod....but don't begrudge anyone who likes to fish them.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on April 17, 2013, 12:55:42 PM
10’ 4wt years ago on the SOHO was a hoot.  It was a 10’ Scott and I foolishly traded it for VT parking passes for sporting events.

Trip reports?  The reason I don’t do more is I am embarrassed that I can’t get photos and text in that attractive black box.

Peace.

[attach=1]

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on April 17, 2013, 16:33:08 PM
I’ve only met Ralph a time or two.  I reason he’s “special” because I think he is a wily prankster with angling knowledge.   And that is a tribute.  So, if old Ralph ain’t what I think he is, don’t any of you correct me.   I have an image in my head and I don’t want to purge it.   

Now Pimp is just a learning pup – seems to have solid potential.   Hey Overbrook, you beaver assassin, THAT was not called for!

I am going to post some reports as soon as the Mrs. shows me how to save and import in something like Photobucket.   Speaking of buckets, I am as dumb as a coal bucket when it comes to technology.

Peace brothers and sisters!

Special Needs Mudwall G.   

Photobucket 101
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!