News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Video of the day

Started by Big J, September 12, 2011, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Happy first day of Oktoberfest!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 04, 2022, 11:19:07 AM

$200 vs $1,000 fly rod blind test...

The current crop of Orvis rods have that gawd awful gawdy white label....  damn.  St. Croix Imperials are affordable, American made.  I'd rather fish with it than a clearwater.   No Chinese rods for me.  Korean, yes, Japanese yes, China, hell no.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Onslow on September 17, 2022, 10:16:12 AMThe current crop of Orvis rods have that gawd awful gawdy white label.... 

I thought about a Helios rod but can't get past that horrendous label

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

This guy is definitely clever, but much more optimistic than I.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

Mr. Bill, forgot to mention the original election denier, Stacey Abrams.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on November 22, 2022, 12:54:27 PMMr. Bill, forgot to mention the original election denier, Stacey Abrams.

She may very well be a denier, BUT she ain't the "original". 

There's been deniers since the beginning of democratic elections.  Not up on my U.S. history but I believe Aaron Burr refused to take his VP spot when he and Thomas Jefferson tied with the weird election rules.  Hamilton supported TJ, TJ won, Burr shot Hamilton, 12th amendment resulted, etc.

There are no political originals living today.  Politics has always been a blood thirsty sport.

PS: Screw exploding Christmas lights!!!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Pine Straw Scam

don't be this guy!
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Just my summation.
Another long winded asshole who gets paid for yapping with 3 other idiots about how stupid they/we are. 
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on January 19, 2023, 13:42:54 PMJust my summation.
Another long winded asshole who gets paid for yapping with 3 other idiots about how stupid they/we are. 

Full disclosure;

I was approached by a guy with trailer with some pine straw and he asked about me needing some. He went with the same spiel about counting cords and wouldn't commit on the number of bales needed for the yard.  I've purcheasd pine straw from the church fundraiser in the past so I had an idea of the number needs. I told him I would go for 20 @ $4.50 each --- he didn't have that many on the trailer and said he'd be back later in the day. He never returned...

FYI a Tractor Trailer load is 1280 bales, close to the amount Kelly was charged for. 

one bale is supposed to cover aobu 44 sq ft.... 1200 x 44 = 53680 sq ft. or about 1 and a quarter acres....  :drum

In the case above, I would have paid the dude $1,100, take it or leave it.... I'm calling the po po
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Every bail has at least 2 strings. There are 43560 sq ft in 1 acre. I ain't counting strings, I wanna see a pile of bails to count and get your 100' tape out and give me an estimate in writing. If you can't figure it out I can. Pine straw is big business in NC. The last thing any of these con artist want is any contact with law enforcement. I'm with Keith, take it or leave it or I'm calling the PoPo. I learned the hard way over the years being in residential construction that there's no shortage of sad stories and con artists.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski