Main Menu

Christmas lights

Started by greg, November 21, 2022, 13:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Hell yes they are back.

Dougfish

Unloading trees, wreaths and garland in about an hour.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

AND we have yet to celebrate Turkey Day!

One of my wishes when I depart this world is for all (families, towns, cities, stores, online vendors, fly angling forums etc.) to start celebrating Christmas on 5 July.  Then every rational thinking living being with an IQ above room temperature will have an additional arrow in their quiver to confirm human beings are absurd.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

I likes them lights but it seems to me that in prior years we could tap them with our finger and pop them. Or perhaps I am mistaken. 🤔

Since the Scrooge-like character has expressed his viewpoint, in the holiday spirit we should be reminded to be sensitive to those with different beliefs and practices, perchance we hurt someone's feelings.

Many choose to celebrate the coming of the Christian lord.
You cannot view this attachment.

Others may choose to celebrate the Festival of Lights.

Some folks celebrate their culture/heritage during the winter holiday season.

And of course there is the option to just say Bah Humbug and forget the whole thing.

If none of those are found to be suitable, don't forget Festivus.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Rule of thumb for me. No Christmas stuff till after Thanksgiving. <-;:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: trout-r-us on November 21, 2022, 18:54:40 PMprior years we could tap them with our finger and pop them.

exploding lights in this year's mod aren't an option... i'm disappointed too

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

No! It was the digital equivalent of popping bubble wrap.  

I'm disappointed, but my wife will be pleased.  I often check the forum from bed last thing, and a failure to turn down the sound along with a slip of the finger (no boys, not that slip of a finger), would scare the crap out of her. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

22midge

sounds like a winner to me ole Holy One
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

Ha, different mod, added explosive lights just to annoy Mudwall.... <-;:
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 21, 2022, 20:31:18 PMRule of thumb for me. No Christmas stuff till after Thanksgiving. <-;:

Santa's getting ready for the parade...

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 22, 2022, 20:27:54 PMHa, different mod, added explosive lights just to annoy Mudwall.... <-;:

Yup, it worked.

Happy Turkey Day, you bunch of peckerwoods, dipsticks, and wingnuts!

May your reels sing with sand, your tippets break, your knots fail, your lines crack, your tip top bur, your flies unfurl, your ferrules stick, your waders leak, your bait fishing sinking lines float and your floating lines sink, your smart phones/cameras take a dip, your beer is flat and warm, and every weighed bead headed monstrosity you call flies find a ledge in 5' of water!  No snapping of rods; that's going too far and just too cruel of a wish. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

Quote from: jwgnc on November 22, 2022, 13:13:24 PMNo! It was the digital equivalent of popping bubble wrap. 

I'm disappointed, but my wife will be pleased.  I often check the forum from bed last thing, and a failure to turn down the sound along with a slip of the finger (no boys, not that slip of a finger), would scare the crap out of her. 

I don't hear them pop. Maybe I have a soft hardware issue. 🤔
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: trout-r-us on November 24, 2022, 09:54:46 AMI don't hear them pop. Maybe I have a soft hardware issue. 🤔

The sound isn't working on my phone / only on laptop
me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 24, 2022, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: trout-r-us on November 24, 2022, 09:54:46 AMI don't hear them pop. Maybe I have a soft hardware issue. 🤔

The sound isn't working on my phone / only on laptop
I hear them on my laptop and my Android phone.  I find I need to wait a bit first - possibly some background whichamacallits are loading.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.