Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Confederate Memorials stay or go?

Keep them.
18 (69.2%)
Good riddance
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Onslow

Quote from: Al on July 17, 2020, 14:52:43 PMWell ya probably saw this coming - and it will get worse until someone stands up and says enough is enough

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/florida-churchs-statue-of-jesus-beheaded-similar-attacks-occur-across-u-s

This should be regarded as a hate crime.

I say give the people what they want.  Defund the police, YES!  There will be consequences, but I say let it rip.

If one wants to like toilets seats, go to bars, not wear a mask, let it rip.

If peeps want to cut the dicks off, so be it.

Defund the police, defund public education, defund the Pentagon.  When the US becomes a shithole heap of burning rubble, perhaps a few things will be learned, but that is being optimistic.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on July 17, 2020, 16:26:54 PM
Quote from: Al on July 17, 2020, 14:52:43 PMWell ya probably saw this coming - and it will get worse until someone stands up and says enough is enough

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/florida-churchs-statue-of-jesus-beheaded-similar-attacks-occur-across-u-s

Big pause.  What?  On 8 July you were entertaining the idea of "no statues".  Now, this latest should be a hate crime?  I am baffled. 

"Perhaps there should be no statues, period.  The bronze age Hebrews apparently had some issues with such matters." (You, 8 July 2020)
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 17, 2020, 19:29:23 PM
Quote from: Onslow on July 17, 2020, 16:26:54 PM

Big pause.  What?  On 8 July you were entertaining the idea of "no statues".  Now, this latest should be a hate crime?  I am baffled. 

"Perhaps there should be no statues, period.  The bronze age Hebrews apparently had some issues with such matters." (You, 8 July 2020)

Until now, angst was expressed in public spaces. This incident was in a religious sanctuary. This is wrong on so many mays.  Don't cherry pick facts to create a bullshit narrative.

How would you feel if some dumbass from Cali entered your property, and  burned all your canvas tents because they were a product of a racist era?

Onslow

Secondly, my opinions are not relevant concerning the laws of the land. This is a hate crime.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Sorry, I am now beyond confused.  In your vernacular, all I see is "bullshit" hypocrisy.

I had to research "Cali" --- had no idea.

<Urban Dictionary: Cali
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cali
Stupid and pointless with no purpose except pissing off Californians. Might as well call Arizona as Arizo, Virginia as Virgi, Oregon as Oreg, or maybe Vermont as Verm.· "Cali" is an unnecessary shortened term used by the most pretentious of human existences that have chronic back pain from implants, cocaine on their lips, and cannot find Canada on a map. "Cali" does not make one sound cool in the slightest.>

I'd be miffed if someone traveled from California and destroyed my canvas camping gear, but if they brought me a set of Cleveland wedges, I'd forgive them.  They're made in Huntington Beach,CA and my wedge play sucks and the new clubs may help.

Btw, I happen to believe most all crimes are hate crimes.

troutrus

Perhaps it's not as much to do with statues as religious denomination.
And us  mackerel snappers are calling for equal air time.
 https://www.irishcentral.com/news/attacks-catholic-churches

Beetle

When are they going to blow up Stone Mountain GA?    Will they call in the Taliban to help?

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on July 18, 2020, 03:37:56 AMPerhaps it's not as much to do with statues as religious denomination.
And us  mackerel snappers are calling for equal air time.
 https://www.irishcentral.com/news/attacks-catholic-churches

Speaking of air time, do you remember those who profited, and who were partly responsible for getting Trump elected?  It is our mainstream media who parades ignorant incendiaries on the screen for ratings, including the derailed #blacklivesmatter movement.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

As Onslow noted, then deleted, the Catholics are presently not the "shitheads"/bad guys.

Timing in our historical decadence is everything.  The Catholics had their day, back when there were no "mainstream media" and "necessary ratings".   Now they are in the trough on the fluctuating shitheadness graph or holding the para position on the shithead ring of contemporary anarchy.   Give them time, give any religion/denomination time, and they'll be back on top of the manure heap.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 17, 2020, 20:45:14 PMBtw, I happen to believe most all crimes are hate crimes.

Bless you for thinking that, however we're not discussing most all crimes.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on July 20, 2020, 19:44:35 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 17, 2020, 20:45:14 PMBtw, I happen to believe most all crimes are hate crimes.

Bless you for thinking that, however we're not discussing most all crimes.

I can't get the multiple verses, supposedly revered by the believers, out of my head --- supporting my hypothesis of pretense and insincerity.

<Exodus 20:4-5
"You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

Leviticus 26:1
"You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God.>

Many thanks for the blessing, but if your doling out blessings, please bless my short game.  I'm headed east for 3 days of golf, gathering data while playing with/observing staunch supporters of the right.  I have yet to meet a left-leaning golfer, other than my son.  Golf courses are marvelous venues for monitoring the pulse of the muddled --- religion, politics, guns, environment, etc.  I've exhausted the fly angling population.  Fun experiment --- research continues.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Like most ideas, trends, things-in-general, etc. to arrive in Bath County, they are always late. 
Can't read the entire letter-to-the-editor, but you can see where this is going. 

https://www.therecorderonline.com/articles/bath-county-courthouse-statue-should-be-removed-now/

Woolly Bugger

Oakland Cemetery management is stepping up security after grave desecration in the Confederate section of the cemetery earlier this month, according to Sexton John Rains.

Vandals broke into the cemetery in the early morning on July 11 and spray painted "Black Lives Matter," "F* Trump" and other phrases on an obelisk signifying the burial of 900 unidentified Confederate soldiers.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/jul/27/confederate-section-of-cemetery-damaged/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!