News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

That's a Bunch of Creeks....

Started by Dee-Vo, February 10, 2020, 20:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

It seems that this article or one of these guys has been mentioned here before. I'm unsure. Either way, I just ran across this and figured I would post/repost it.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/outdoors/article30949827.html

Big J

That is pretty impressive.  I did a quick list and I'm well below 100 wild trout streams I've caught trout out of.  Mind boggling

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

Ken's list runs ahead of mine. Bravo, sir.  :bow
And I ain't listing mine.  :P
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

one day if I had time. I would make a list. But I bet I have forgotten half of them.

Dee-Vo

I've got a list, but mine is a little different.

Initially, I didn't feel that I had really completed a stream to its fullest until I had basically fished all of it from bottom to top. Did a lot of that. Then, private water stuff came into the picture, and trespassing hasn't stopped me before, but, cameras, lawyers, jackasses who think they own the water, and all that bullshit just took the fun out of some stretches....even though I'm so glad I snuck around plenty of places that are highly off-limits.

My list consists of many rivers and streams that didn't even yield a fish, not one. But, I'm damned glad I put in the time and footwork to see what was there and what wasn't. Lots of days and hours and driving for nothing -- but that's what its about sometimes. You can't find out shit about unnamed creeks without going. I also do not add anything to my list unless my ass has stepped in that water and found out for myself; not just reading or hearing from other trout dudes about a flow.

I don't have an exact number right at the moment but my creek/river exploration total is around 100, so far. I've got plenty more on the agenda, however, last Tuesday's knee/wading injury has kept me from doing anything Sunday or today. I hope it heals faster than it appears to be.

A quick glance at Ken's list and I know 30-40 of those I've been to, at least. I keep a somewhat detailed log of every stream I make time to fish/explore. If I get time, maybe I'll post mine up. Regarding hotspotting, I honestly don't give a shit who sees it. I'm not one to tell every person that asks, but if someone wants to share info, hell, let's rock. Rarely do I fish a creek more than once or twice anyway, unless it's just a local flow that helps me in a tight spot to fish on short time or terribly bad weather.

Dee-Vo

Well, I will be a MF.

I've just spent a little over 2 hours scouring my log books and listing all the creeks/rivers I've fished and the counties/states they're located within and when I clicked post, finally, the damned thing deleted off after only allowing me to be logged in for an hour. I mean, GD, MF, FML. Just sayin'. Sleep well, guys. It'll be a good while before I can coax myself into doing all that shit again.

Dee-Vo

Kenneth -- where's the list? I knew when I seen that list last night that it'd be gone today! Ha!  p;-

Big J

Quote from: Dee-Vo on February 12, 2020, 10:44:09 AMKenneth -- where's the list? I knew when I seen that list last night that it'd be gone today! Ha!  p;-

You know Ken better than me.  If Ken posts the deets, quickly a screenshot of his treats.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Big J on February 12, 2020, 12:41:32 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on February 12, 2020, 10:44:09 AMKenneth -- where's the list? I knew when I seen that list last night that it'd be gone today! Ha!  p;-

You know Ken better than me.  If Ken posts the deets, quickly a screenshot of his treats.

Exactly. I was going to mention the screenshot method earlier.

Strangely enough, I just was granted access to another Wilkes County creek on private property a few minutes ago for the second time as I never got around to this one the first go around. Go me. Now, to heal this knee....

Onslow

Millennials and their phone obsession :laugh: Screenshot????  Seriously?

Cut and Past > Screenshot.

Most of the streams on the list suck anyway.  I've eaten my way through quite the pile of manure to find a few kernels of golden corn.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on February 12, 2020, 18:16:19 PMMillennials and their phone obsession :laugh: Screenshot????  Seriously?

Cut and Past > Screenshot.

I've eaten my way through quite the pile of manure to find a few kernels of golden corn.

This is the truth. Same here -- many outings with no fishes.