News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Woowe Photo-grapher

Started by troutphisher, April 01, 2010, 22:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Keith and I fished a stream in NC, little did I know, I would be woowe's photoman on this trip. Ol'e sob story, left the camera at home, battery wasn't charged...blah blah blah......ya right.

Anyways, I arrived on the water a little after woowe, and he was already into fish. I decided to do dry and Keith attack them from below.

I was trying to concentrate, on getting the perfect drift, but every few minutes, I would hear the sound of the CFO drag winding, and woowe, would say get the camera ready. It was still fun to see a big fish fight, and watch the action unfold.

Rod bent hard, drag  screaming, and splashing water..........

Nothing get the blood pumping more.

Kieth was really into fish, hitting them in the riffles on almost every cast.
One brown in particular fought hard and raced down stream before the net scoop.

It was a good day, and a good double team effort, woowe down low, and me hitting them hard from above.

We decided to move upstream,later in the afternoon, and I managed a few nice fish on the rise.....

When the day was done, we hit the local filling station, and picked up some beer, flat tire for woowe, and blue moon for me..

Another great day to be on the water, the weather warmed up and we nailed them.

Here are a few pic's of the day.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I AM GETTING TWITCHY  :P What should I be tying?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

more suck from my cell...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

That's it...I'm going fishing.

Well done, fellas 0--0

benflyfishn

dayum nice feeshes!!  0--0  Man I need to head back up there, it has been too long.....
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

blue ridge angler

troutphisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 01, 2010, 23:53:29 PM
I AM GETTING TWITCHY  :P What should I be tying?

Holy one,

The one fly I wished I had, but didn't think to tie some up was the rusty spinner.
Last night just before dusk, there was an incredible spinner drop, small hendricksons, and bwo's. The fish didn't even think twice, as soon as they hit the water, the fish would sip them.

I tired a stripped quill body fly, small and dark body, light dun hackle, split posted wings of natural mallard. It worked for one big brown, that took me to the wood shed....litterally making several hard runs then wrapped me on a long and snapped off.......

Next week, I will definitely have some in my dry box, size 18-16 rusty spinners.

Just about everything is hatching now. Over the last week I have seen gordans, hendricksons, bwo's, march browns even a few light cahills and sulphurs.

Midges in every color, red, grey, black, tan and olive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some drakes soon.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

damn you got some honkers on the bwo dry fly
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 02, 2010, 09:22:38 AM
damn you got some honkers on the bwo dry fly

Well, even a blind squirrel finds and acorn every now and then.

tbird4

Nice Fellas!  Probably going over there Monday, maybe those lips will have healed up.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: tbird4 on April 02, 2010, 10:28:26 AM
Nice Fellas!  Probably going over there Monday, maybe those lips will have healed up.

The river will be closed next week for the annual fish count >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

diaz dassie

Thats insane. When I drove by there on Saturday, I couldn't believe the numbers of A-holes on the HS section. Then I won the slip and fall contest at CATHEYS CREEK.That place fuckin sucks. I will NEVER go near it again. Had a 1 min conversation with some inbred poacher and decided to change gears on him and bust out the intelect and drove off, fuckin ahole had a ziplock bag with a dozen or so 5"ers. No rangers, would've loved for the Pisgah Ranger office to deploy some blokes and round up these bastardo's and hang 'em in the Ingles parking lot off 64. Will be back when the knee has healed. And I need to get that post up before Foulhook does... >:D

jwgnc

That's disgusting.  I hope you boys are very, very ashamed.

Wish I had been there
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.