News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Good 1st Trip of '12

Started by robs_seven, April 01, 2012, 20:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs_seven

You guys might not like this but this is what kept my head straight this week. Wierd being I normally listen to stuff like this which you might not like either

After a crappy week for me at work, my mom being gone to conferences all week and stressed out, and Amy just wanting to get the heck away, we hammered up to Ashe this morning.  Great ride up in the new to us Corolla (225 miles and only at 1/2 a tank=more trips and more fishing).  As we followed along the New and crossed over it toward Lansing I knew the water was going to be HIGH!!!!  We pulled in and the place was just like we left it, plus a few blown down trees on the moutain side, and some good size limbs in the yard.  As soon as I walked over to the creek it was FULL, more then I had ever seen up there in 2yrs.  It had came up the bank 2+ feet the week before(from what the nieghbor said).  The color was way off and I figured fishing was going to be a bust.  So the work began, I bought a push mower on the way up, cheapest thing Wally World had.  I mowed for 2 hours, and my mom burned up all the limbs.  After working and playing with the little one some, she had to take a nap.  My wife went in with her so I snuck off.  I went off and tried my new 6'6" Rx-7 blank.  I fished for a bit with no luck on dries (I know I should not have wasted my time, but had to).  Then I tied on a pink weenie, first time ever I must say and with a long down stream drift, cross current slow retrieve, it saved my ass from being skunked.  After that I called it quits and went back to mowing.  Little one got up and went straight to the creek, played in the water and sand for over a hour (water was freezing).  Then she fell in and dropped her sponge bob bucket.  My mom took off after it and then I did, till I hit a hole waist plus deep.  Bye Bye sponge bob.  The older lady across the creek went home and found a bucket and brought it to Lily, and fixed everthing.  I tried my luck right before the rain hit again with a giant stone fly with the same technique and had 3 good fish follow it up but see me and dash.  Good day spent in Ashe. 

Hope the water slows and the fish start eating, back up next week, this time will be defending the Hatchery water behind the house from LOCAL wormers.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Me, Amy and Lily playing and being silly by the creek

Lily and her "beach"

This is the face as spongebob washed away, then there was alot of crying

And this was what I went for
!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

robs_seven

Notice the red paper by the door in pic #1, Stop Work Order, because of no permit for the porch and the power pole we are trying to get going is in the flood plain.  Oh well guess they get more of our money bd;0

bullship

Quote from: robs_seven on April 01, 2012, 21:01:14 PM
Notice the red paper by the door in pic #1, Stop Work Order, because of no permit for the porch and the power pole we are trying to get going is in the flood plain.  Oh well guess they get more of our money bd;0

Hell no! tell em to kiss your ass. That roof says there was an existing porch....that was in disrepair......and you weren't about to let your little girl get hurt. They might think they're the police, but they're damn sure not.

Glad you got out!
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

robs_seven

I know bro we tried that. They said because we removed the structural part we need a permit. We told them hell there was no support that's why we rebuilt it. That got them going. Lol

Transylwader

Duke Energy cite you? Fuck em, they are the worst utility company in the world. Glad you got out and played, be ready in May, it's gonna be wild -0-

robs_seven

I'm ready Mike!!! Na duke hasn't got us, damn Ashe doesn't like outsiders. They are just jackin us around. In the end we will get it straight. Trying to furnish the house now and get power. Main 2 priorities

benben reincarnated

So let me get this straight, you caught a wild brookie in the front yard of your cabin?  Now that's awesome.

blue ridge angler

Kick ass!!
Think again on the Atmosphere tip..I have seen them play more times than I can count..Those guys are some true entertainers, and slug is an awesome writer/lyricist regardless of what anyone thinks about hiphop..

Good shit 'cept for the damn inspection issues..

Dougfish

Quote from: benben on April 02, 2012, 06:39:50 AM
So let me get this straight, you caught a wild brookie in the front yard of your cabin?  Now that's awesome.

What Ben said. 'c;

robs_seven

Normally catch bows by the house. That little guy was a nice surprise!!

Blue Ridge yeah atmosphere is good for me, I started listening to it 11yrs ago and seen them a good number of times. Best show was cats cradle with atmosphere, Grouch&Eligh and a few others.

Grannyknot

Very nice report.
Your little home in the mountains is sweet.
Maybe a gate at the end of the driveway would keep the assholes out?  Possibly a beware of dog sign.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

robs_seven

We are on the main road with a huge state turn out 75yrds down stream hard to keep folks out. I don't care about the creek it's the assholes that cut straight through the yard 15ft from us and don't even acknowledge we are there.

The Dude

Quote from: robs_seven on April 02, 2012, 10:41:27 AM

Blue Ridge yeah atmosphere is good for me, I started listening to it 11yrs ago and seen them a good number of times. Best show was cats cradle with atmosphere, Grouch&Eligh and a few others.

I didn't know about Atmosphere prior to this post, but I really dug that song and I plan on checking them out.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: robs_seven on April 02, 2012, 10:41:27 AM

I think I was at that show..Were Eyedea and Abilities there? they were another Rhyme Sayers group that were just sick as hell..Sad to hear of Eyedea's passing last year..He was another lyricist that transcended musical genre..