News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 21, 2020, 19:51:21 PM
Quote from: Onslow on September 21, 2020, 17:28:30 PM
Quote from: troutrus on September 21, 2020, 17:15:26 PMFour percent of world population and twenty percent of world covid deaths, and comrade trumpsky gives himself an A+ for "managing" the virus.
And there's still a bunch of dumb asses that support him. Unbelievable.  :o

What is dumb?  Folks not managing their personal heath, and living like dumbasses. That isn't Trumps fault.  Are you going to blame the spike of Covid cases occurring in France and England on Trump?

What do France and England have to do with our administration's response (or lack of) to the pandemic?  The dumbasses are those Trump lickspittles that are steadfastly embedded in the cult and feel he deserves a passing grade.

I'm pretty sure this young lady managed her personal health as best she could and was not "living" like a dumbass.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/doctor-adeline-fagan-coronavirus/

Hell yes, I blame Trump and his twisted sect for our present circumstance.

No she wasn't, and this situation is very disheartening.

People all over the world are protesting over restrictions. This is more about white entitlement than a Trump issue. If Trump were to have never existed, the public would still behave the same.

I wore respirators for years for 25 hours a week due to dust. No one told me to wear them.  I simply wanted to live.  It isn't rocket science.

Lets open our eyes to some other concerns that are less newsworthy.

1.  Dining out. 

A family friend has Covid 19.  He recently contracted the illness due to dining with a person who was positive. Said friend is a Democrat, but I really respect this guy.

Everyone knows that saliva glands are active while chewing, and tend to spurt.  What is the point in wearing a mask, only to let one's guard down be chewing and ejaculating with friends?

2. Diet

I was listening to NPR today, and a show guest stated that people with blood sugar and diabetes issues are 12 times likely to descend into a severe case of Covid, and die.

Type II diabetes is curable/suppressible through proper dieting.  I would argue that eating/diet ignorance in America is a greater hazard than Covid.  Covid only brings a quick end to many who otherwise be sucking down little debbies, soda pop, and pork skins. Folks who subsist off this crap will endure much health misery, and die young anyway.

It is not politically expedient to pressure people to eat better.  Besides, there is too much money to be made from sick people, and junk food.

Onslow

So many people I know have been infected with the virus in the last two weeks. Reports of people showing up for work infected are disheartening.

I learned last night a lovely young lady my wife and I know well has fallen ill.  She is only 20.  Another lady 2 homes down the street also has been infected.

Many focus on the physical health aspect, but there is a potential for an infection bringing on large financial burdens.  It seems the wreckless are those most financially vulnerable.

Phil

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I still don't have my restaurant/bar music gig. Can't sing with a mask, and 50% capacity doesn't give the restaurant 10 feet of clear space for my piano/guitar area.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: troutrus on September 21, 2020, 17:15:26 PMFour percent of world population and twenty percent of world covid deaths, and comrade trumpsky gives himself an A+ for "managing" the virus.
And there's still a bunch of dumb asses that support him. Unbelievable.  :o

Could someone please explain to me what Trump, or anybody else, is supposed to do to "manage" this virus? Run around with a little net catching viruses out of the air? Or the ever-popular tell everybody to live in a hole under a rock for the next five years with a mask on? Seems like places with tighter restrictions seem to have just as many or more cases as those that don't. A man can't stop a pandemic, I don't care who he is. I don't expect Trump or Biden either one to "manage" this, because there is nothing they can do about it, any more than Woodrow Wilson could stop the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Managing my own risk of it is up to me, not some politician in Washington or Raleigh. People in my parents' and grandparents' generations walked around all the time in a world in which they stood a good chance of contracting tuberculosis, measles, influenza, typhoid, polio, smallpox and any number of things that killed people right and left. They didn't quit living and expect the government to make everything magically better, or blame the government because somebody caught a disease. They just went on with their day-to-day lives, like folks have been doing as long as there have been folks. To me, one of the worst things about this disease is how it has been so damn politicized, when politics has nothing to do with it.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on October 01, 2020, 11:10:41 AMCould someone please explain to me what Trump, or anybody else, is supposed to do to "manage" this virus?

Yes, tell the nation the fucking truth! 

I do not blame Trump for the pandemic, but I do fault him and his administration for the untruths, and the lack of direction, lack of preparedness.  I also blame him for the dumbassed comments, like injecting disinfectants, not trusting science, pandemic will be over like a miracle, etc.

Lead by example with honesty.  All he has done is stabilize his cult membership.

Could honesty back in late January or early February saved lives?  Could have the pandemic playbook left by the previous administration saved lives?  We will never know.

If you think you've heard nothing but the truth from this administration over the last 3.5 plus years, then you have my condolences.

We've come a long way since the Spanish flu, or I think we have.  Maybe I am wrong, perhaps Darwin was full of shit and we have advanced little from our ape-like ancestors.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Yaller, this is your guy.

"The biggest surprise was that the president of the United States was the single largest driver of misinformation around Covid."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html

Onslow

What I find most bizarre about the governance side of this Covid nightmare is the odd amicable relationship between Trump and Gavin Newsom. Is this on anyone else's radar?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 01, 2020, 13:44:37 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on October 01, 2020, 11:10:41 AMCould someone please explain to me what Trump, or anybody else, is supposed to do to "manage" this virus?

Yes, tell the nation the fucking truth! 

I do not blame Trump for the pandemic, but I do fault him and his administration for the untruths, and the lack of direction, lack of preparedness.  I also blame him for the dumbassed comments, like injecting disinfectants, not trusting science, pandemic will be over like a miracle, etc.

Lead by example with honesty.  All he has done is stabilize his cult membership.

Could honesty back in late January or early February saved lives?  Could have the pandemic playbook left by the previous administration saved lives?  We will never know.

If you think you've heard nothing but the truth from this administration over the last 3.5 plus years, then you have my condolences.

We've come a long way since the Spanish flu, or I think we have.  Maybe I am wrong, perhaps Darwin was full of shit and we have advanced little from our ape-like ancestors.
I have never heard truth from any politician, nor do I expect it. They're all crooked as fishhooks. You think president Harris will tell you the truth? If so, you're delusional.

I think if the Democrats hadn't had him embroiled in a witch hunt impeachment when this started, it would have helped. And if they hadn't fought his "xenophobic" efforts to shut down travel from foreign countries at that time. And if the MSM weren't fighting him tooth and nail, and everybody trying to gain political leverage from a pandemic that's killing people.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Big J

Wonder what will be discussed to death in this thread today?  :laugh:

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on October 01, 2020, 17:14:23 PMI have never heard truth from any politician, nor do I expect it. They're all crooked as fishhooks. You think president Harris will tell you the truth? If so, you're delusional.

I think if the Democrats hadn't had him embroiled in a witch hunt impeachment when this started, it would have helped. And if they hadn't fought his "xenophobic" efforts to shut down travel from foreign countries at that time. And if the MSM weren't fighting him tooth and nail, and everybody trying to gain political leverage from a pandemic that's killing people.

When I hear someone say all politicians lie, I think they are in some way deflecting from the present administration's plethora of "alternative facts" and attempting to justify all the bullshit we've heard over the last few years.  Hell, I've even said the same to placate the supporters of this sham and deceit, in hopes of getting them to disclose more ignorance (I still take notes and am one Machiavellian son-of-a-bitch).  But I don't believe all those elected lie, and even if I did, I don't have to accept it.  I am at my wits' end when it comes to dishonesty. 

And I doubt even if the democrats, MSM, and any other entity that you feel has mistreated our leader had kissed his ass from day one it would have miraculously compelled the man to tell the truth.  I question if Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth would even work on such a disturbed, unbalanced individual, but I am sure he would have attempted to grab her pussy. 

No apologies for being a contrarian and/or a dick in this situation.

troutrus

Dr Birx now has her perfect guinea pig.

troutrus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Can you contract 'bugs' from plasma?   STDs, ignorance, pathological lying, etc.?

The microbes hijacked from Stormy really would not bother me.  Remember, she sat on my lap back in the 90s when she was Stormy Waters; she was spotless back then.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-says-he-would-love-to-donate-his-plasma-to-covid-19-patients/ar-BB19T9U8?ocid=msedgntp

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 10, 2020, 09:05:53 AMCan you contract 'bugs' from plasma?   STDs, ignorance, pathological lying, etc.?

Too bad FatAl isn't here to answer that question.