News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

mediocrity

Started by benben, August 17, 2013, 18:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

The Dude and I went and scouted a new stream today.  The larger fish in general weren't on the move much, which we felt sure were there.  I had a few nice LDRs though.  He outfished me, as usual, but I managed a good number of dinks...AND the rain held off.

locals were here

I believe this was at one time a car

one of my recent home brews...a scotch ale   -0-

end of the line

another home brew to close out the day     /'/

tomato can

Wilson Phillips - Ha.  You need to retitle the thread, sure beats cleaning the garage.

gillman

There is a lion's head in that remainder of a car.

Dougfish

'c; 'c; 'c;
Nice. We found the same thing. The fish were holding back yesterday.
Nymphing in August on full streams?!?! Good stuff guys!

consumnfire1229

I always knew y'all were bait fisherman in disguise.  Eagle Claw is top notch!   'c;
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Big J

I could use some of that "mediocrity" right about now.  All Virginia does now is get rained.

The Dude

Quote from: benben on August 17, 2013, 18:30:32 PM

I believe this was at one time a car

I actually pulled a fish out from under there.  Good structure.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

Dig the wig! :laugh:
Nice pics, Dude. Nice fish, too.  bd;0

Aka

Nice! Pulled a slam, not a bad day.

That mountain chick sure has Purdy hair.

The Dude

Thanks, Aaron.  Hate that you couldn't join us, but you really didn't miss out on much.  We did a lot of driving and scouting of other streams.  I think we touched 6 different streams in one day, fished 5 of them, and caught fish on 4 of them.  We didn't really spend enough time on any one stream to make it worthwhile for fish catching, but at least we got some good knowledge for future options - so the day wasn't a total bust.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: The Dude on August 18, 2013, 10:43:23 AM
Thanks, Aaron.  Hate that you couldn't join us, but you really didn't miss out on much.  We did a lot of driving and scouting of other streams.  I think we touched 6 different streams in one day, fished 5 of them, and caught fish on 4 of them.  We didn't really spend enough time on any one stream to make it worthwhile for fish catching, but at least we got some good knowledge for future options - so the day wasn't a total bust.

X2

A lot of driving is an understatement. We left my house around 7 am, got back at 7 pm. I'm fairly sure we spent just as much time in the car as we did on a stream.

Aka

Ya, wish I could have made it too. Ended up at Pisgah brewing hanging w/ smelly hippies, drinking little yellow pills and listening to Dark Star. I'm hung over and on my way to BRP to hit some skinny water.

peter p

Quote from: AK Aaron on August 18, 2013, 11:47:53 AM
Ya, wish I could have made it too. Ended up at Pisgah brewing hanging w/ smelly hippies, drinking little yellow pills and listening to Dark Star.

We will have to hook up for the next DSO show.  I was going to go last night, but I have felt like crap all weekend.   
Peter

The Dude

Quote from: benben on August 18, 2013, 10:55:09 AM

A lot of driving is an understatement. We left my house around 7 am, got back at 7 pm. I'm fairly sure we spent just as much time in the car as we did on a stream.

You got off lucky.  I left my house at 6AM and didn't get home until 8pm.