News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What license do you need?

Started by plumbob, September 13, 2005, 16:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumbob

I think phg said ya can use Tenn or Virginia license for pff12, do you have the links to them so i can get one. I guess a lot of old questions will come again since you can't go back to old threads. :'(

Could somebody put the mapquest info up again.
Thanks

FlyChamps

Bob, PFF 12 is in North Carolina so you'll need an NC license.  If you fish in the GSMNP you can use the NC license even if you fish in the portion of the park that's in TN.

phg

I was thinking you got the season pass for TN.  If you didn't, then the NC license will be cheaper.  You can get it online.  Go to this site, and drill down..... http://www.ncwildlife.org/

I figured that most of us would be fishing GSMP streams, just because they are so beautiful.....

The PFF12 thread has the maps (complements of Wooly_bugger)

Gary

Plumbob, if you have an annual Tennessee license, you can fish in the park, but you'll need the NC license if you want to fish near camp.  The NC license will also be good in the park.

In Cherokee, it won't matter, since you have to buy a daily permit from the tribe.

plumbob

Thanks for the info I guess I'm going to have to think these trips out more and get a season tag.

phg

Bob, the problem is, Spring PFF is always in Shady Valley.  The NC license isn't a very good option there.  The Fall PFF could be anywhere, but usually in NC or VA, and we usually havn't decided that yet at the time of Spring PFF.  Short term VA and NC licenses are a good bit cheaper than TN, though. 

Gary

Bob, the Va license runs from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Tenn is From Mar 1 to Feb 28.

NC is good for a year from the date of purchase.

You can spread them out so the burden doesn't hit you all at once.

Gofisher

One last question on the license (NC). For where we will be fishing in NC, do I also need the trout stamp? Thanks.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

If you are fishing in designated trout water, even though you may not be fishing for trout, you need a trout stamp.  Most of us get the comprehensive fishing license, which covers all freshwater fishing opportunities. 

Creek Scum

I think you need the game lands permit also to fish around the Nanty. As Paul said, it's all included in the comprehensive license.

David
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Gofisher