News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

October Soho

Started by makobully, October 24, 2006, 17:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makobully

Had a great weekend on the Soho.   Bwo and pheasant tail....Sulphurs with a brassie

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06102415/z2u146ktx1/

Woolly Bugger

Looks like ya'll had a good time on the S. Holston.....

but where are the pics of those big browns????

:)

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

makobully

Woolly Bugger

Thanks for the bumper sticker offer.  On my trip I went with two friends, one of which has never caught trout and the other was somewhat experienced.  A few casting demonstrations and a few fly suggestions and we were all on some fish.  Total caught was 22 fish.  Started early with size 20 chartreuse copper johns and 20 bhpt under an indicator. Early morning fog was thick and when the fog broke the trout started eating.  Switched to size 18 bwo with a 20 brassie dropper then 18 sulpher with a 20 brassie then back to the previous combo.  Also casted a 18 sulphur emerger and caught a few.  TVA pulsed at noon and I tried a woolly bugger but as usual for me I had no success. Sure would like to become proficient with streamers.

Attached are some more SoHo pics plus one of my 4 year old underwater who just learned to swim.  Pics were taken with my new Pentax Wpi.

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/06102421/0cbedhtrqo/

troutphisher

Excellent under water release shots! WOW!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 24, 2006, 18:04:28 PM

but where are the pics of those big browns????

:)

Are you sure that was the SOHO? :P

phg

Showoff.

The underwater pix. are great.  Looks like a good urn.  That last one is a keeper for sure.

Rod Champion

You don't always catch big fish  ..... no kidding... sometimes it is fun just to fish...
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822