News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Boat ride TR...

Started by croaker, July 18, 2013, 20:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Due to work, motor problems and weather.  Hadn't been to the coast in way over a year.  Heard via the WWW. that  steelrain & jhnnythndr may be in the area.  Tide and weather guessers forecast looked okay for today.  Got in touch with steelrain and said y'all met me at the ramp.  I imagine this tune might have crossed their minds when they saw the boat (a beat up old 14' jonboat)...

Boat rode better than I expected with 3 people ...  Made it to the edge of the Coffe Bluff Triangle.  Water was dirty and not much bait or fish moving.
Fished several spots, and nada.  This is one with an old Civil War berm crumbling in the background:

Decided to take a peek at the sound and see ifn conditions were okay for crossing.  Looked not too bad.  Made the run across to a favorite creek of mine.  Water was a lot cleaner.  Beacuop bait and some fish feeding.  Fished it pretty hard.

Was a pleasure to fish with folks that had cast flys from a small boat.  Three people casing with no need a knife tangles and only a couple smacks in the head and back with no bleeding.

Barely avoided teh skunk by catching one (bait)fish.

One more look at the sound before heading back to the ramp.

Enjoyed meeting and fishing with y'all.  We'll have to try it again.  Mi casa, su casa.,
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

sanjuanwormhatch

Thanks for taking me home if only for a minute.

Woolly Bugger

Well that didn't end bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

Looks like a great day,  good on ya croaker and co.
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.