News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bullhead

Started by diaz dassie, October 22, 2010, 15:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaz dassie

Since 2010 is about to slip into the past, wanted to give my mates an update. I will be armed with letter in hand to give to the "new" park Manager up in Stone Mtn on Monday morning to ask whats the deal with $22 and why anyone should pay to fish a creek that is no better than Widows or Garden (as far as numbers and size go) Theres still hikers and others who shouldn't be there (no permit). The rangers do not pellet feed anymore or patrol the creek. (I really could care less about this BS practise, if I needed that kinda fix, I could hit the Douche, I mean Davidson River or zap my nuts on the electric fence on the elitist club on Wilson Creek)  I will let y'all know if I finally get banned from Stone Mountain for givin them so much shit over the past 4 years ::)
Alls I want is justification as to why I must pay $22 to run into some wanker with two dogs on a leash walking thru my beat...and pick up beer bottles and cans on the stream bed... p;-

Woolly Bugger

post a pic of your letter...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 22, 2010, 15:16:42 PM
http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,6737.msg43963.html#msg43963
From this thread, I'll have my admin assistant @ work edit/make it sound larney and will post it later this evening. I figured I should prolly leave out mention of DH and the poaching there. Just focus on Bullhead instead...

diaz dassie

Ah man, good try Seth. I really expected them to offer a "plausible answer" Like I said, I don't care about the feeding, but at least fine hikers and drinkers who go up there and lets their dogs shit the place full, they smash beer bottles and leave cans. What part of pristine does this encompass? Oh well. I guess its a whole lot cheaper for me to hit Bullhead than keep going down I-40 to hit the home waters and besides, I know the place well and enjoy it. Too bad I figured a way to get to it from the parkway and I don't have to pay but it's tight as all hell up there, pretty rugged too! Time to test the ankle, and then give the park manager some more lip service come Monday...

Platypus

I stopped by the Bullhead lot today and was stunned when I saw the fee increase.  I have fished BH in the past and done average, never caught one of the legendary monsters browns but it was still a pretty place to fish.  I usually hiked up to 6, 7  or 8 just to get away and lost for a few hours.  I think the low water the past few years really has killed the park creeks but thats not the rangers issue.  The fee increase however will probably mean I will bypass BH in the future.  Similar to Transylwader I found the headwaters to garden off the BRPW,  bullhead cant be that much tougher, only problem with that part is what goes down must come back up b';

phg

With Harris Creek, Cove Creek, Basin Creek, Garden Creek and Widow's Creek all available to you from the BRP, why would you want to go poaching on Bullhead?  I was of the understanding that the headwaters of BHC were the last beat.  It seems like asking for trouble for marginal fishing.....

Speaking of which, did the state ever develop a parking area for Harris Creek?  I understood that they had acquired the property rights, at the lower end near Absher, 5 or 6 years ago, but have never heard that they did anything with it.  It is supposed to be a C&R creek within Stone Mt. Park, but there is/was no easy access. 

diaz dassie

Quote from: phg on October 24, 2010, 20:02:03 PM
With Harris Creek, Cove Creek, Basin Creek, Garden Creek and Widow's Creek all available to you from the BRP, why would you want to go poaching on Bullhead?  I was of the understanding that the headwaters of BHC were the last beat.  It seems like asking for trouble for marginal fishing.....

Speaking of which, did the state ever develop a parking area for Harris Creek?  I understood that they had acquired the property rights, at the lower end near Absher, 5 or 6 years ago, but have never heard that they did anything with it.  It is supposed to be a C&R creek within Stone Mt. Park, but there is/was no easy access.
Geez dude, just spill the beans! The section of Bullhead that according to you I am poaching is on BRPW land in Alleghaney county which is federal gamelands and not state, ever heard of the air cableway/Mahogany Rock? It's not worth a shit to be honest. I have fished every single creek you have mentioned from the parkway and below except for Harris, good luck with that "parking lot" on 'ol man Abshers land :laugh: that ole c*nter will fire his gun. Bluelining is where its at. I hope not too many folks get the high like I do, coz I don't like people dipping into my stash man... V:;

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 22, 2010, 15:16:42 PM

and a vid of this...

"or zap my nuts on the electric fence "

diaz dassie

kylemc

Trout Maharishi

Dumb ass corgi loving limey bassturds bd;0

It would make you sick to have seen this stream in it's hay-day back in the late 70's early 80's. Lot's of heavy 20+ fish, no hikers allowed, $4 a beat and you could sign out and fish another one if no one else was fishing it without paying another fee. Some of the fish were mid 20" class and would have weighed 4-6 lbs.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski