News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River Today

Started by 22midge, March 10, 2012, 18:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22midge

Smith was fishing well today...maybe a foot of water higher then normal. ........wadeable but you got to use the head in the riffs. Two stoneflies all day and caught eight nice fish.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

phlyfisher

hey peewee i just shit myself.... you owe me a new pair of slacks, and new chair, but if you show me where you caught those fish i wont make you repay me  -0-. Me and a few guys were out today...wait till you see the day darrin had...nice work man  'c; 'c; 'c;

0:0
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

solid work !

now it we can get you to quite squeezin them trouts, i'm sure that how you get them to give up their secrets....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

your right Woolly but 30 years of climbing taught them hands to hold my sorry ass so I forget sometime whats in them.  ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Holmes

Nice.. I always thought the smith was a dink stream but I guess this proves me wrong. Them stones seem to be strong medicine for big browns everywhere!

Transylwader

All browns were harmed in the making of this report. For that you should be shot >:D

5xTippett

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on March 10, 2012, 19:54:28 PM
Those are bigger fish than I've seen from the usual Smith River reports. Nice.
Too bad you killed them all after releasing due to the major squeeze you put on 'em.  :o

au contraire, we have photographic evidence that the peewee squeeze, doesn't kill fish... he photographed that big bastard that I caught the other day almost two years ago when it taped out at a measly 19 1/4 "
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

22midge

Hey Wooly look how he went from long and skinny to long and fat during the spawn.

Phil

TM, I have already apologized to 22midge via PM.
I'm ready to let it go.

Woolly Bugger

Phil, I do think there is a better way to handle the fish... we agree on that...

don't forget that they throw them off of the bridges to stock and they survive that...

peace out...
me -There's a season?

22midge

Hey fellows I "SHOULD NOT BE SQUEEZING THE FISH"  I know better.....Thanks for the reminder

Phil

OK. I'll admit it. When I catch a large fish, manage not to break it off, and get it to my hand, fumble around for the net and camera, try not to lose the fish, the net is in the way, etc...
I might mishandle the fish, and maybe after releasing it, it may die.
I try to do my best, but realize that it is a blood sport, after all..... ;D

Jfey

Yup, going fishing

Dougfish

Nice work! Time to tie up some black stones..... -+;