The Treatment of Presient Bush Has Been a Disgrace

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 05, 2008, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

QuoteIt seems that no matter what Mr. Bush does, he is blamed for everything. He remains despised by the left while continuously disappointing the right.

Yet it should seem obvious that many of our country's current problems either existed long before Mr. Bush ever came to office, or are beyond his control. Perhaps if Americans stopped being so divisive, and congressional leaders came together to work with the president on some of these problems, he would actually have had a fighting chance of solving them.

Like the president said in his 2004 victory speech, "We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Think of it this way, your not in the ranks of the insane!

Bahhhh bahhhh bahhhh.....LOL

Get ready for 4 years of hell........... :o
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

troutfreak

IMO, I think those who ended up not supporting Bush in the end were the ones that recognized he created the Iraq war, did nothing to help the economics of the US, or help with gas/oil issues....up till that point....he was the great president.  When households lose money they look to blame and the president is the first.  just my opinion.

Peddler

Does the fact Bush's own party wants squat to do with him, and the fact that he shares a huge bulk of the reason the Republicans lost so greatly in the past two elections somehow sneak past this writer?

In a dream world for those who voted for him, the President would be 100% responsible for any good done during his watch and would not be liable for any dumb-ass stunts pulled by him.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. (1918)" Teddy Roosevelt
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Peddler on November 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM
Does the fact Bush's own party wants squat to do with him, and the fact that he shares a huge bulk of the reason the Republicans lost so greatly in the past two elections somehow sneak past this writer?

In a dream world for those who voted for him, the President would be 100% responsible for any good done during his watch and would not be liable for any dumb-ass stunts pulled by him.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. (1918)" Teddy Roosevelt
No one said he was a great president, i'll admit i did not like the overall tactics used in Iraq, until now with the surge. But the media leaves out so much that he tried to do but was stopped by democrats, like trying to put regulations on freddie and fannie a few years back, that would possibly have stopped the housing crisi, he's tried to open up offshore drilling but has been stopped by the dems once again. Was Bush a great president? No, but he's not the monster that the media has made him out to be. And as for his party not wanting anything to do with him, thats no different than Pelosi telling dems to support offshore drilling if it will get you re-elected. Its all what is the thing of today, whatever gets you elected.

Peddler

Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:02:50 PM
like trying to put regulations on freddie and fannie a few years back

Oh yeah, I remember! (not really!), that was when the Repubes had a majority in the House, Senate and White house!

Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:02:50 PMtried to open up offshore drilling

(you forgot to add.....'to aid his major campaign contributing pals in the oil industry'
Again I ask, show me the certainty that this oil if extracted would be kept here for OUR use. While you're doing that, try and find out if tax breaks to rebuild the refineries the oil companies closed a few years ago were also in the works!

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Peddler on November 05, 2008, 13:47:25 PM
Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:02:50 PM
like trying to put regulations on freddie and fannie a few years back

Oh yeah, I remember! (not really!), that was when the Repubes had a majority in the House, Senate and White house!

Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:02:50 PMtried to open up offshore drilling

(you forgot to add.....'to aid his major campaign contributing pals in the oil industry'
Again I ask, show me the certainty that this oil if extracted would be kept here for OUR use. While you're doing that, try and find out if tax breaks to rebuild the refineries the oil companies closed a few years ago were also in the works!
Maybe this will jog your memory.
Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone... Dems Ignored Warnings

For many years the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of financial turmoil at a housing government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. President Bush publicly called for GSE reform 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted.

Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems.

The White House released this list of attempts by President Bush to reform Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac since he took office in 2001.
Unfortunately, Congress did not act on the president's warnings:

Here's the complete story.http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html

Peddler

Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:55:28 PM

Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone...

Okay then, I thought your original post mentioned 'a few years' which would put that timing smack-dab in the midst of total Repube control/

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Peddler on November 05, 2008, 16:07:03 PM

Okay then, I thought your original post mentioned 'a few years' which would put that timing smack-dab in the midst of total Repube control/

Which promise do you think your boy will back out of first?

1. Change the World
2. Congressional Heath Care Plan available to all
3. A speedy withdrawal from Iraq
4. Tax cut for 95%
5. ELIMINATE the dependence on foreign oil (he did say that last night)

Note: Just last month, Obama said he would delay rescinding Bush's tax cuts on wealthy Americans if there is a recession, suggesting such an increase would further hurt the economy.

"I think we've got to take a look and see where the economy is," he told ABC News. "I mean, the economy is weak right now."

He added that he still plans to push for his promised tax cuts for the middle class. But during the last weeks of the campaign, confusion swirled over how Obama defines the middle class. Joe Biden pegged the middle class as people making under $150,000 a year, and Bill Richardson cited those making under $120,000. Both figures are lower than the $250,000 Obama had set as the threshold for a tax increase.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutphisher

LOL.......

Let the fuckings commence, those who voted for him  and make 120/yr or more  are fucked, and best thing is they fucked themselves, caught up in the hype, and believing the political spin.

The lemmings will pay...he he he he
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

launchone

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 05, 2008, 16:31:47 PM
Quote from: Peddler on November 05, 2008, 16:07:03 PM

1. Change the World
2. Congressional Heath Care Plan available to all
3. A speedy withdrawal from Iraq
4. Tax cut for 95%
5. ELIMINATE the dependence on foreign oil (he did say that last night)

Note: Just last month, Obama said he would delay rescinding Bush's tax cuts on wealthy Americans if there is a recession, suggesting such an increase would further hurt the economy.

"I think we've got to take a look and see where the economy is," he told ABC News. "I mean, the economy is weak right now."

He added that he still plans to push for his promised tax cuts for the middle class. But during the last weeks of the campaign, confusion swirled over how Obama defines the middle class. Joe Biden pegged the middle class as people making under $150,000 a year, and Bill Richardson cited those making under $120,000. Both figures are lower than the $250,000 Obama had set as the threshold for a tax increase.

#1 has already been accomplished
#2 Hopefully soon, but it will take time
#3 Speedy, relative to "Mission Accomplished" ?
#4 I don't know
#5 This will take time, I don't think he said it could be done in under 10 years... but that seems remarkable for an entire paradigm shift.
Biden later retracted his statement and reaffirmed a comittment to the 250,000 for families and 200,000 for individuals. Bill Richardson was not elected.

Woolly Bugger

1. a. Iran warns U.S. military after Obama win
    b. Israel shuts Gaza crossing after rocket attack
    c. Russia to station missiles near Poland

yeah the world is changing alright

me -There's a season?

Peddler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 05, 2008, 16:31:47 PM

If you're talking to me, I never once said he was my choice. Now that we have him though, I pray he'll do the right things and bring a little cohesiveness back to this country.

As for Bush, it is HE who has been disgraceful but the Kool-Aid drinkers who voted his pathetic-ass in should have caught on to that 4 years ago!