News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Getting the yak out.

Started by blue ridge angler, August 11, 2010, 19:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

With the heat continuing I have been taking my kayak out in the evenings and trying to dial in on the bass at a local lake..Actually, I usually paddle up river a couple miles and then fish the banks as I float back down to the lake..large mouth in rivers are pretty fun, but even with the yak it's hard to be stealthy enough to catch very many of them..These fish don't seem to like top water bugs very often, and up till now my trout sized streamers have only had mixed success, so last week I rigged up a tool for making these..

And started tying some meaty streamers to throw with the sink tip..

Having 2/0 hooks flying past your head will keep you on your toes..

the bass like the white one..

yuengling is o.k., but it damn sure ain't no PBR..

CR

Nice bass pics and great looking streamers man
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

jwgnc

Having 2/0 hooks flying past your head will keep you on your toes.. A bit of a  :o when one comes in hard

- but chuckin and duckin sure is fun.

Great lookin flies
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

5xTippett

If I fished streamers, I would say pretty streamers.  I don't fish streamers, but I will still say it.

rjs123

Nice!  I had a hell of a time trying to cast large weighted streamers when I was in Florida last winter.  Just couldnt get the hang of it.  By the way whenever I go back to KC all my friends as me to bring Yengling back with me. You cant buy it west of the Mississippi.  I prefer PRB though  0:0  :)

overbrook

God damn sweet ass flies!!   bd;0 bd;0 bd;0  ( I like your taste in vises too)   you would'nt mind sharing your plans on the dubbing brush tool would ya?? I'm looking to build one...got some rough thoughts....but any ideas would be of help......after I saw one make a brush out of marabou with UV minnow belly blended in....I was sold on the idea!  ;D

diaz dassie

Goddamitt Buddy, the 5th shot is fucking epic brother.No other words at this time, levelled.... bd;0 bd;0 bd;0 bd;0 bd;0 bd;0

blue ridge angler

Quote from: overbrook on August 11, 2010, 22:54:16 PM
God damn sweet ass flies!!   bd;0 bd;0 bd;0  ( I like your taste in vises too)   you would'nt mind sharing your plans on the dubbing brush tool would ya?? I'm looking to build one...got some rough thoughts....but any ideas would be of help......after I saw one make a brush out of marabou with UV minnow belly blended in....I was sold on the idea!  ;D

I'll try to get some pictures of the brush setup today..it's not the prettiest thing in the world but I was wanting to make bigger brushes than most of the ones I've seen, and it works really well, so I can get over it not being pretty..thank you all for the compliments on the flies, but with my renzetti, it ties those flies for me.. :laugh:

kylemc

overbrook

BRA...pretty does'nt concern me as long as it gets the job done....like you I want em' for tying big stuff...bass,striper,pike and muskie etc. mostly looking for ideas on a tension spring...and the handle set-up for spinning it.....Thanks!

Gofisher

Cool! Makes me want to drag the yak to the lake tonight.   'c;
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: kylemc on August 12, 2010, 08:19:28 AM
very nice! Whats the ink?

the ink is a piece of art that a buddy did for me about 10 or so years ago..
it's a hermit standing with a bird on one shoulder and holding a snake in the other..he also is holding a wooden shield which is the brown color you see in the pic..
no deep meaning to the design..just some art from a good friend..

kylemc

Thats cool. I have ink on my legs too is why I asked. Need to start a "who has ink" thread but with these old bastards it would probly be just me and you :D

blue ridge angler

Quote from: kylemc on August 12, 2010, 12:37:37 PM
Thats cool. I have ink on my legs too is why I asked. Need to start a "who has ink" thread but with these old bastards it would probly be just me and you :D

I am about due for a new piece soon..I've been feeling the ink jones..
I skateboarded for like 12 years and I guess I need to get my pain fix every once in a while..I have a few fishing tats that I want to get..
next one is going on my thigh and will be a 1940's style pin up girl in hip waders, and bikini, fly fishing..

kylemc

Quote from: blue ridge angler on August 12, 2010, 13:05:25 PM

..I've been feeling the ink jones..

Me too brother and so has the wife. It's an expensive date going together.