As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Mr. Musky

Started by DRIFTS, October 23, 2013, 16:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRIFTS

l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

DRIFTS

absolutely incredibleacceptable by-catchget er done!

Michael Toris

Hells yeah Drifts. Bust dem ski!

Big J

That's a nice musky drifters.  Those rainy days are treating you well.   /'/

DRIFTS

The water was really rocking till the front moved through

sanjuanwormhatch

Dude, that bass is awesome. 

DRIFTS

The smallie really surprised me...thought it was a small musky the way it was bulldawgn

TheYiman

y;  By yourself?  Nice.

overbrook

Not sure which I'da rathered...the musky or the smallie.....Damn nice fish...both of em'  bd;0 bd;0

Dougfish

TWiles

Those are some great fish, Im sure you worked your tail off to get them on a fly.

I'd only suggest that you be cautious about putting them on a dry boat floor.  Their bellies and internal organs are soft, and they have a HIGH mortality rate when they are allowed to thrash until exhaustion.  I use a large Frabill Conservation net, keep em in the water for unhooking, then raise them for a quick photo...even then, they often take a while to revive.  If I have waders on, I always go to the bank to deal with them in the net.
For solo shots, a quick auto timer works for the 10 s it takes to raise up the fish...Targus makes a cheap small tripod at Walmart, that you can set up, when you don't have a buddy to take the shot.

Not trying to be negative here, Im just passionate about catching these fish.  Good luck this season.

overbrook

Quote from: TWiles on November 09, 2013, 11:48:02 AM

Not trying to be negative here, Im just passionate about catching these fish. 

Yeah....we can tell through all your kickass reports.  :;! :;! :;!

Rivers Way 1

Great stuff, man! The fall bite is definitely on! I've tangled with those things a time or two by myself. It can be a challenge, for sure. TWiles has a good point, though, about them being sensitive. Now go get some more for your next photo dump! Thanks for sharing.

DRIFTS

Musky adventure we managed three follows, but no swallowsOf course, grill'n time!the making of cheesy  westernswild tomatoes for our burgers...just kidding.   Was a good trip even if we didn't hook up

Big J