News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ogeechee River 1/24/11 Pushing the Shad season...

Started by croaker, January 25, 2011, 21:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Still a little early for 'em round here. WTH, ain't been able to splash the boat or wet a line in a long while.  Fished upstream of the Hwy 301 Bridge.

Tried several spots fer some Shad and few for Crappie.  Didn't get a bite...
Weather was nice, sunny mid 50s water was cold, upper 40s.

Hope this years Shad run is better than the last two.  Last year was the first time in @ 25 years that I didn't catch a Shad.  Year before I managed to catch three.

Still beats the hell outta work...

8-)
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

WRector

Nice going Croaker!  Any day Fishin is better than working  {S;
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Woolly Bugger

looks like spring might, just might be coming...

making the most of the day, even if you didn't catch 'em,

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tbird4

Mid 50s, clear sky, sounds like a grand day to be out.  Maybe next time you tear into a big urn.

diaz dassie

Croaker, either these pix were taken 2 years ago or your camera is lying, which one is it? :laugh: Jus kidding, I aint caught a cold even, nuthing for 9 weeks, God help me b';

croaker

Transylwader,

Some idiot/moron (that'd be me) was messin' around with the menu or settings/Date and some green button or some such... on a camera that is way smarter than before mentioned  idiot.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Leedawg

Glad you got out man! That sure is one BIG silver bass in you avatar pic  :P Hope 2 see you in Tn this year. Tell Bill howdy fer me.

diaz dassie

Quote from: croaker on January 26, 2011, 22:36:37 PM
Transylwader,

Some idiot/moron (that'd be me) was messin' around with the menu or settings/Date and some green button or some such... on a camera that is way smarter than before mentioned  idiot.
No worries mate. I am not savvy myself when it comes to techie crap. I prefer to let the feeshes mess with my mind than a "Made in China" special

croaker

Lee, tell Bill your self...  He's headin' up thar next week.  Hope y'all sorelip a few  bd;0