News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back again

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 02, 2020, 08:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The new dropped to around 430 and was quite a bit clearer. There were three fisherman above the bridge. Two left before I got and the third was headed on down below the bridge. I asked how far up he had gone an said not too far above that rock, as he pointed to the middle ofthe river. They're holding in the shallow slack water and you should hit the shady side of the river.

He had a spinning road and a fly rod holstered on his side. I moved on up a ways and attempted to cross over to the shady spot but wasn't up for that adventure — shoulda crossed over down at the bridge.

Wind was whipping a hat blowing gale upstream so the snap-t cast was working fairly well some of the time — still fires off the occasional overhand cast for distance.

Turned on a ledge the sand gave way under foot and I floated my hat. Refreshing! Chest pack with phone stayed dry inside. The sun was behind the ridge and it was a bit chilly In the wind until the Fabric dried a few minutes later.

Caught a few small smallies and fished till a little after eight, ending four hour on the water.

Fish Taco intruder

You cannot view this attachment.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

NCsporksman

dope, i got mudded out on the toe river system

Onslow

Smallmouth fishing in general has been mudded out. I'm surrounded by those little bastards, and I won't waste a second fishing for them. Water is too damn high.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!