some rods and reels

Started by _Fish_Pimp, August 27, 2012, 20:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I tried to sell this rod on here before with little to no interest, so I jumped at the opportunity to get it out of my hands. I messed up. I apologized. sorry you feel that way.

--And I tried to get pictures to him, the rod was in winston-salem, I was in boone. I could not take any until the weekend. I then took pictures once I got the rod and tried to post them and I hit another bump of photobucket being down. I am telling the truth. Not grabbing for excuses.

_Fish_Pimp

wait dead fish? I did NOT do that. I know what you're talking about, but I personally had nothing to do with it.

shady dealings?? really? in what way was this or anything else I've done "shady"
Seems like you all are passing judgement on me even though you don't know me or care to know me. I'm a decent person, and I usually post some decent stuff. I don't see what everyone's problem with me is. I had an opportunity to sell the rod, reel and line and I took that opportunity. and thats all there is too it. No underlying "Im gonna really fuck this guy over and sell a rod to someone else" thoughts in my mind.

The Dude

I don't judge you as a person based on you selling your gear the way you did.  However, I will also never entertain the option of buying/selling gear on an internet forum if you are involved.  As Bobby Brown once said, "It's my prerogative."
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

_Fish_Pimp

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quotelesson learned

What more could you ask for from the youngin?

Not that anyone gives a rat's ass, but since Raymond had a no-panties-in-a-wad maturity about the whole deal, I think some you were perhaps a bit too openly harsh with the kid.

Sorry, but I am undergoing a gentler, compassionate, and very compromising aura.  It might be from watching the DNC.  Peace.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Grannyknot

So I need direction of proper protocol from all the classifieds authorities.
Here's the scenario:

I've placed something for sale.
Someone PMs me, says they are interested, and asks a few questions about the item.
I respond to the PM and answer all questions, explaining that others are interested as well, but you have 1st choice, being the first respondant.

How long do you give that person to make a decision, when you have others waiting, money in hand?

Please and Thank You.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Old Snag and I made a very good trade lately.  I had something he could use, he had access to something I wanted, and it was all handled by PMs or personal email after his first public BRFFF request.

Pimp's mistake was announcing publicly he had made the sale.  I bet he and rb could have handled it privately, therefore starving the piranhas.

Protocol?  Good question – I also have a butt load of stuff I'd like to unload, somewhere, sometime.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Grannyknot

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on September 07, 2012, 12:15:47 PM

Protocol?  Good question – I also have a butt load of stuff I'd like to unload, somewhere, sometime.

you know they make these porcelain seats where you can unload all your butt loads.

rbphoto

Boys, boys . . . for what it's worth, FP did PM me that the rod was sold locally.

Yes, he put it out there for all y'all to see, which was his tactical error in the whole venture.  Had he simply marked it as sold none of this would've happened - y'all would've thought I bought it, I would've never said anything else about it, and he would still have his money and his reputation.

Transactions like these happen all the time on the web.

Now, if Granny don't sell me that hammock . . .

I'm gonna have to go campin' without it.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Grannyknot

Quote from: rbphoto on September 07, 2012, 13:00:15 PM

Actually raymond, I already sold it.  Right out from under ya!  ;)
Good thing I let ya know ahead of time that I had a buyer ahead of ya.
Otherise i'd be tarred and feathered, and possibly castrated.

My question about the protocol was in regards to some inquiries on the water sampling kit.

_Fish_Pimp

Sorry again, I was just letting everyone know it was sold..looking back I should have just taken it down. Unfortunately a time machine hasn't been invented yet so I can't go back in time and correct my wrong doings. It won't happen again, not that anyone is going to consider buying my junk now anyway.

I realize that I acted wrongly and immaturely, so thanks to everyone who pointed that out.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

rbphoto

Quote from: Grannyknot on September 07, 2012, 13:31:39 PM
Quote from: rbphoto on September 07, 2012, 13:00:15 PM

Actually raymond, I already sold it.  Right out from under ya!  ;)
Good thing I let ya know ahead of time that I had a buyer ahead of ya.
Otherise i'd be tarred and feathered, and possibly castrated.

My question about the protocol was in regards to some inquiries on the water sampling kit.

bd;0

'c;

I knew when noon came and went & I hadn't heard from you I missed out on that sweet deal.

Damnit.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Grannyknot

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on September 07, 2012, 13:39:39 PM
Sorry again, I was just letting everyone know it was sold..looking back I should have just taken it down. Unfortunately a time machine hasn't been invented yet so I can't go back in time and correct my wrong doings. It won't happen again, not that anyone is going to consider buying my junk now anyway.

I realize that I acted wrongly and immaturely, so thanks to everyone who pointed that out.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

OHHHH NOOO you don't sonny boy.
This is a dead horse and we're gonna be beatin it till its even deader.

No need to apologize any further.
It was just a fly rod being offered, not a heart transplant.....In my opinion of course....and I think Raymonds too.

All is well that ends well.

Fire-Fly

_fish_pimp..... You could have real integrity and bash newbies who come on the site looking to improve themselves, or better yet just be a complete asshole with every post cause that's what real men with Integrity do. bd;0