News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow, 22midge and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dougfish

Good job! More times than not, the wind is coming right down that river.  b';

Glad to see you posting.

22midge

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

bmeador

Very nice feesh!  Congrats!   'c;

Rod Champion

you got that gig figured out don't you Midge.
Very nice !
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Woolly Bugger

Dayun peewee you be tearing them up!

I caught one and turned five others, while Spork also caught one and turned three or four others.

Pics to follow
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Spork wanted to fish, rain was coming, we left as early as possible after a Saturday night. He said 7, I said 8, to which he replied, "I thought old people got up early".  I did a little recon on Saturday and broke in the Sage Response, catching a nice brown on the swing. This is perhaps the worst fish photo that I've taken. Shot with the iPhone which does not have a waterproof case. So I'm paranoid about dropping it in the water. Ended the day after losing both articulated flies.. Tied up two more, running low on marabou and hooks... First fish on the Double L replacement rod, a Sage Response.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This fish looks like a pune in this pic but it was over 14", it was stuffed full of a bait fish, the tail was just sticking out of its mouth, no room to swallow anything else but it still hit the fly.

I got to the coffee shop with 20 minutes to spare, while waiting for Spork to show up I went over THE LIST in my head, "Fuck! I forgot the rain jacket", I thought! "Just enough time to drive home and get it, it wasn't even an option. When I returned it was exactly 8:00.  Settled in for the long ride after hitting Sheetze Autofood Mart thing. I get the auto menu thing, but why can't I just swipe a card right there?

Geared up and hiked on in with high hopes. Water looked awesome, little satin two foot visibility... rocks slick as anywhere, need to all more cleats to the boots and remember to take the wading staff. The Spork got knocked down a time or two and I came damn close to taking a spill.

Turned some fish and then got a solid. Glad I had the Olympus with me..

Trout lilies pushing up, spring is near, waiting on caddis hatch!

Rested the water and drank some of these.

Before getting back to tossing these.

Turned some more fish, fucked up a hookset or two... finally the Spork got into one.

After seeing some of the huge mottled sculpin in this river we are going to tie up bigger flies..

Bugger out.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dougfish

Now that's what we're talking about!  'c;

bmeador

Good Job!!  Better than any I landed.   bd;0

creekfreak

Nice!! Got them studs just for that river, see what the weather does this week.
Guinness! Good God!

consumnfire1229

Here piggy, piggy!  I just wish those had the coloration of their upper kinfolk... bd;0
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

NCsporksman

Quote from: consumnfire1229 on March 17, 2014, 19:56:46 PM
Here piggy, piggy!  I just wish those had the coloration of their upper kinfolk... bd;0

Truth....Thought I'd hung a stray rainbow until he was in the net, straight silver

slick rocks and too much turbo-dog the nite before got my ass... woolly looked like a fugging zen ass heron wading next to me and he was multiple beers deep

Woolly Bugger

Beetle called, "Let's go fishing Sunday!" "Okay, it's going to rain! Bring streamers and sink tip!", I reply. I was going anyway, the weather report sounded too iffy to make the three hour drive to TN so we selected a stream a little closer to home. I tied up a coupled of extra flies.

In the morning the weather wasn't too bad, warmer than forecast and the rain hadn't started.
We hiked in and stripped streamers, nothing turned, changed flies still nothing. Beetle spied three big fish but they had lockjaw. I went on down to a run where I had turned a good fish last week, having a wading staff helped on the snot covered rocks. I worked into position, studied the water, stripped out some line, and cast into the run. BOOM! Fish on! After removing the hook the fish slashed out and those brown trout teeth caught my finger.

The rain started, and we fished on. Beetle had a big brown on the line, it hit the Peanut Envy that I tied (inspired by Kell G and Matt G) but the trout set allowed the fish to evade capture.

Beetle called an early day and I celebrated with a Hopslam!

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Weee doggie! That's a nice fish!  bd;0

The big boys do have some "update your tetanus booster" teeth.

Transylwader

I think Im gonna head to the shitter for an ego boost, since I can't fish this Smith River n all...

22midge

nice fish Woolly ....the rain got there a little to soon .
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life