Another Day in the Snow

Started by Get Bent, December 22, 2009, 22:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get Bent

Rhody and I hit a popular Western NC stream known for its killer midge fishing and snooty fish. We were one of the first to hit the river after we skated the truck up the still unplowed road. Fishing started off slow, but once the sun peaked the fishing picked up. The fishing was steady, and Rhody was able to snipe a few on top. There were several nice fish caught, and many more lost.

We fished until dark, only taking one beer break all day. Moose Drool and 2 Below go down oh so smooth on a clear sunny day.

Here are some pics from today...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Konichiwa Bitches!

Trout Maharishi

Suckage, could have been total suckage with a photo of the hippie beer ;D Couple really nice bows ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

diaz dassie

Wow, These are some beastmasters, do you have your trainers license??!! ;D

Woolly Bugger

suck suck suck and more suck...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Fine work gents....fine work.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

The Dude

2 below has just replaced SA Oktoberfest as the beer that gives me the worst gas and beer shits.  I'm more than dangerous around that stuff!   ::)
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Get Bent

Thanks for comment guys... Sorry for not having any hippie beer pics, we were in a hurry to get back fishing!

The big bow was the onemoreitis fish.. After losing one just as big earlier in the day, I was hell bent on finding another fatchick to play with! 7x and size 22 olive midge! Helluva an end to a good day.

Ryan
Konichiwa Bitches!

blue ridge angler

Rhody

tm-here is one of the finest hippie beers i have ever tasted and the name kinda fits,
[attachimg=1]
i am working on a clone of this maharaja ale, but gotta brew a moose drool and hopslam first-these damn guys keep drinkin all the moose drool i make, but after he landed that damn pig, i figured bent deserved a beer-that was a damn nice fish, well landed on 7x. sad thing is, i fished that hole first and didn't have any takers, and on the way out, one last cast, he nailed it.

one more cast always pays off, and another great day of fishing in the southeast

rhody
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.