News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Collective pardons, please.

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, December 02, 2020, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on December 02, 2020, 23:00:52 PM"He also knew that if individual rights were removed, the government would be left unchecked and abuse its power."

Which is exactly what has happened. Thus his master plan has become outdated and requires a major overhaul.

Go ahead, and start writing a new constitution. I'm dying to see what you come up with.

troutrus

Quote from: Onslow on December 03, 2020, 05:25:50 AM
Quote from: troutrus on December 02, 2020, 23:00:52 PM"He also knew that if individual rights were removed, the government would be left unchecked and abuse its power."

Which is exactly what has happened. Thus his master plan has become outdated and requires a major overhaul.
Quote from: Onslow on December 03, 2020, 05:25:50 AM

Go ahead, and start writing a new constitution. I'm dying to see what you come up with.
When comrade trumpsky and his other russian buddies scrap the one we have, somebody better start writing a new one.

When comrade trumpsky and his gang trash the one we have, somebody better start thinking about writing a new one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-backers-including-flynn-edge-toward-a-call-to-suspend-constitution-to-head-off-biden-taking-office-015446889.html

Big J

:laugh:

So you being someone who is anti gun and anti Trump, what are you going to do about it if that was to happen? What right from your new rewritten constitution would you use?  Glad I still have a Constitution that isn't yours that would allow me to oppose such a government take over.

troutrus

I get a kick out of trumpsky supporters who claim to be constitutionalists. Seems like it would make one's head explode.  V:;

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Trump+contitution+violations&fr=yfp-t&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Fanciful pardons were the topic, but I see we've swerved a bit.  No worries; all good.  And Bossman is incorrect that you can't be pardoned until you have been tried and convicted.  He has the power to pardon any of us, tried, convicted or not, just like Nixon was exonerated.  I want my freaking pardon for all my forthcoming disseminated bullshit!   

Now this discussion of our Constitution is darned interesting.  Believe it or not, I've thought about revisions for years – not an entirely new document but a revised one. 

I'd start with congressional term limits and some kind of flat tax.

Then I'd address the most disturbing, unwritten assumption when it comes to that living document --- requirements for being a President (or most other governmental leaders).  And that is the, call it traditional, tacit religious requirement.  I think there is a no-religious-test clause in the U.S. Constitution, but in my opinion, it ain't working.  Same with affirmation by swearing on the good book.   I have nightmares about being called in some legal scenario to acknowledge that I will tell the truth by laying my hand on a book and narrating an oath.  I could not do it, and if I requested an alternative, I'd be heaping attention on myself.  Americans judge, Americans infer, Americans presume, and likely are not ready for a revision of such a socially constructed practice.  So, I suppose I have no answer for the further separation of church and state; only time may provide a solution.   

Then there are the guns.  I am not anti-gun, but I do question the 2nd amendment, because it was written when certain American beings were considered 3/5 of a human.  The 2 are not related but it reinforces the suggestion that things are different in 2020.  And I am one of the staunchest individuals for resisting change, or I would not be living hermit-like in the mountains, but I am not so selfish to believe what is good for me is good for the whole.   

Sorry for the rant.  Now rock on!   

Headed to Marlinton WV, masked up, for groceries – peace.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

The ironic thing about term limits is a the vast majority of people I think are for term limits.  Unfortunately the small group that is against term limits are the ones that would have to vote on amending the Constitution to set term limits. 

Big J

It use to be an honor to serve your country in government, but now I think they view themselves as superior.  Founding Fathers went into government rich and left poor.  Today elected officials go in rich and leave richer or go in poor and leave rich. 

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on December 03, 2020, 11:00:08 AMIt use to be an honor to serve your country in government, but now I think they view themselves as superior.  Founding Fathers went into government rich and left poor.  Today elected officials go in rich and leave richer or go in poor and leave rich. 

ain't that the truth... it's the golden ticket
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

The "Public Servant" moniker has been shoved to the wayside for the most part.