News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spring creekin' & GWNF - heavy on the pictures.

Started by natureboy, June 16, 2006, 15:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natureboy

Well, this report is coming a couple weeks late, but cut me some slack...I've been busy.  :-\

After more than a week on the road I flew into DC on Friday night 6/2 from FL, where we had just been fishing in the gulfstream that morning, caught a few winks then was up and at-em and on the road that morning headed toward the Shenandoah Valley (after replacing the battery in my jeep... o-o)  Met up with my buddies that afternoon at the local fly shop (not the one where FT hangs out sometimes...  :-[ )  They proceeded to tell me how good the fishing was that I had missed that morning...you can always count on your good friends for that.  Then it was off to Mossy, we fell on some hard times during the mid afternoon hours with only one fingerling landed, finally we decided to take a break and just sat down on the bank and waited for the sulphurs.  Finally I could take it no longer and decided to try again.  Well I'm glad that decision was made, because just a few drifts in, this fatty fell to a sulphur emerger...

The Menu

The rest of the evening we fished to rising fish, however the supreme fisherman emerged, with me being the only one to catch more than a fingerling   ;D

Heres another smaller one I got right at dark.

Couple Stream pics

After we were finished at Mossy, we headed for the hills to find a camping spot...  One rotweiler & police report later, we arrived at camp and had a couple brews and some hotdogs and baked potatoes from the fire, a good finish to a long day.  The next morning we packed up camp and hit a couple bluelines in the GWNF and were well rewarded, plenty bugs in the air and hungry fish.  The water was a little low and the fish spooky, but the norm was still about 2 fish per pool, some decent size to a few of them too, all on top.  Here are the pics.

I swear this hole had 50 brookies in it...

One of the victims

This section of the river was a little DRY

Pretty little guy, showing the productive fly of the day for me

Saw a few of these, after much consideration I think they are Hex

Another decent fish

Sweet pool

AWESOME pool

The going was a little rough in places...all the better if you ask me!

Great end to my vacation...

Report from the salt can be found on psychos board.

Bloy

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a great trip!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

troutphisher

Absolutely Awsome...what else can I say!   0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

ghbowser

Got to watch your self up in that mountain stream. Bears, snakes, goats, and all sorts of strange creatures and beings. FT took me up in there once and I'm too scared to go back. :o
"If it wasn't for fishing, life would be ... well it just wouldn't be"

jamie

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics. Looks like you had an awesome time.
"I don't much care for hatchery trout. They're better than no trout at all, but otherwise they're inferior in every way to their wild relatives" - John Gierach

Brent G

Jayson looks like ya had a good time in there, those runs look familiar ;) ..... thanks for sharing !

Brent G
0--0

Trout Chaser

What a great set of pictures.  0--0  I need to get out and cool my heels.

TC

badankles

way to go.  that brown from mossy look to have a battle scar.  nice pics.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

larrybug

wonderful report   pict are outstanding   looks like you could spend forever there

FT

Good report Jason.  That blue line is even lower now.  I went through there yesterday, on up to the head of it.  Lots of sections with no water showing at all.  Wife and I took the jeep trail across to Union Springs. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars