News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Word Count Minimum Limit

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 04, 2019, 15:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like a minimum word count set for post and replies?

Yes, I think post and replies should be longer than one or two-words, perhaps a minimum of 5
4 (40%)
No, that may prevent peeps from replying at all...
4 (40%)
One time at band camp I could only utter one word, "good" *
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Woolly Bugger

Would you like to see an increase in the minimum word count for a post or reply?

This would eliminate one or two-word replies...

just an optional mod that could be installed...

*extra credit if you can name the movie that came from...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

But then I couldn't say stuff like "holy crappie".

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on June 04, 2019, 15:26:05 PMBut then I couldn't say stuff like "holy crappie".

holy crappie, batman!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Yallerhammer

I'd just like to see folks actually respond in some way, any way, to a post that somebody spent half an hour or more building. Place be ded.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

itieuglyflies

One word better than no word.....at east it lets you know folks are alive.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: itieuglyflies on June 10, 2019, 10:09:09 AMOne word better than no word.....at east it lets you know folks are alive.

Ditto!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

I think you should just add more emojis instead.  Emojis are slowly (or perhaps, quickly?) reducing the number of words used overall in today's world anyway.  It won't be long before you'll see entire conversations conducted in emojis and GIFs. I, for one, am a big fab of it.  Words are hard. Besides, it worked for cavemen all those years ago just fine. Make written communication great again.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: The Dude on June 10, 2019, 12:50:00 PMI think you should just add more emojis instead.  Emojis are slowly (or perhaps, quickly?) reducing the number of words used overall in today's world anyway.  It won't be long before you'll see entire conversations conducted in emojis and GIFs. I, for one, am a big fab of it.  Words are hard. Besides, it worked for cavemen all those years ago just fine. Make written communication great again.

:;!  n!n   <-;:
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Jerking, flipping, toking.
Life's ambitions.
Make Merica loose again.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

The Dude