Big Bugs=Big Fish: The Brood ll Advantage

Started by Fin, May 26, 2013, 22:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin

Well for the better part of a month I've been playing at the vice preparing for the big Magicicada emergence.
[attach=1]
Visions of giant carp feeding greedily on the surface danced through my head.  Unfortunately the cicadas have not (at least not that I've heard) shown up at the lakes nearby that are home to Mr.Carp.  I was beginning to think I might have to wait seventeen more years before I got a chance to field test my creations.  Then I finally got some intel from a friend who said the lake near his place was alive with the buzzing and droning of Brood ll.  He didn't know if there were any carp in the lake so I took it upon myself to find out.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

As you can see, no carp to be found on this trip but man, that was fun!  Brood ll lived up to the hype; too bad I'll have to wait another seventeen years to do that again.

Dougfish

Transylwader

Dayum, Neil. You found the fat ass bastages! Well played bru 'c;

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

overbrook

Good chit !!   I tied up some cicadas for some friends going to Shady Valley this weekend  "just in case"   glad to see the red eyes and orange...cause thats how I tied mine.   Wish the hell they were further south....that'd be some kick ass fishing....and free fish food for a while in the pond. 

Fin

Fished another pond today.  It was another memorable cicada day.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

gonephishin'

Fin, i bet those things could do some damage over here @ Lanier
"Eat, drink, and be merry....for tomorrow we die"

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Fin

bullship

Am I seeing this right? Did that fucking whore bitch carp eat two flies at the same time?
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Fin

It appears I had sloppy seconds; that was someone's leftovers.  It is a pretty decent looking hopper pattern which now resides in my box.  If it belongs to anyone out there... thanks.  One last pic from the days festivities. 

Transylwader

Dougfish

Goodness brother, now you're just rubbing it in!
bd;0 bd;0 bd;0

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.