News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streamereater_101691

Quote from: IFStultz on April 13, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
FWIW. Heard a rumor that the dam was fixed but they lost their contract to sell power. Supposedly they may sign a new one in October. You know how rumors go though. Could be BS.

Just a rumor according to rocky. Looks like cold water may be back in july or august as of now.

IFStultz

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on April 21, 2017, 09:34:41 AM
FWIW. Heard a rumor that the dam was fixed but they lost their contract to sell power. Supposedly they may sign a new one in October. You know how rumors go though. Could be BS.

Just a rumor according to rocky. Looks like cold water may be back in july or august as of now.

What I'm most interested in is what kind of flows the lower will get during the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driver

I think its going to be like it was before it broke. I think it was 250cfs from 10am-3pm Sat an Sun

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IFStultz

Quote from: driver on April 21, 2017, 11:46:17 AM
I think its going to be like it was before it broke. I think it was 250cfs from 10am-3pm Sat an Sun

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Now I have to figure out what's  the lowest flow you can float it on. I know I could get down the upper at 180cfs on my old boat.

streamereater_101691

Quote from: IFStultz on April 21, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

QuoteWhat I'm most interested in is what kind of flows the lower will get during the weekends.

Whatever the minimum flow is plus 450 when it catches the lower dam. It won't get there until at least 3:30-4 anyway..

The full moon night float from 6pm to 12 will be fun in the summer

IFStultz

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on April 22, 2017, 08:22:02 AM
Quote from: IFStultz on April 21, 2017, 11:44:17 AM

QuoteWhat I'm most interested in is what kind of flows the lower will get during the weekends.

Whatever the minimum flow is plus 450 when it catches the lower dam. It won't get there until at least 3:30-4 anyway..

The full moon night float from 6pm to 12 will be fun in the summer

Not if the Smith River fog is out. Learned that last summer.

Woolly Bugger

1. Smith if running strong and clear at 700cfs
2. Sulfurs are popping off
3. Trouts are rising in some spots... mostly where you can't get to them
4. Wading isn't much fun right now
5. can't wait for the water to get back down to 160 or so...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

I sucked up and recently got on the list for advance notifications. Once they get back to normal this will give us a heads up 3-4 days prior to the announcement being updated. Right now it gives us notice a day or more before they make a change in the sluice gates. 

Up to Woolly - I suggest a separate threat, or if you want I can just post it here on the "Smith - Continued" thread

Right now they are sluicing at 650cfs. Add a few cfs coming out of Town Creek and it is about 700cfs as reported by Woolly.

They indicated there would be a further reduction toward the end of this week if there were no significant weather events. I anticipate an email today or tomorrow with an update.

Native Fisher

1"+ of rain predicted for tonight and tomorrow.  Is that significant?

Dougfish

Quote from: Native Fisher on May 04, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
I'm heading up to the mtns the other side of you. 1.75" forecast. Plus showers. How dumb am I?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on May 04, 2017, 12:18:12 PM
Quote from: Native Fisher on May 04, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
I'm heading up to the mtns the other side of you. 1.75" forecast. Plus showers. How dumb am I?

You are one step below a moron. 

Native Fisher

Quote from: Big J on May 04, 2017, 12:42:50 PM

You are one step below a moron.
[/quote]
That's being generous, J.  Bro, you are  -+;.  But you deserve it because you fish too damn much. 

Dougfish

Btw, fishing/camping with J. Lol.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

I expect nothing less than a 14" Appalachian Char from the two of you.  Hit it!

troutrus

I heard them big ones will chase big streamers when the water gets up below Martinsville D. Go get 'em men.