News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Pune Slam

Started by Phil, June 15, 2022, 14:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Just got back yesterday from a 3 day solo camp/fish. The weather was great until the last night when a huge set of thunderstorms went through all night, so of course came home with all soaking wet/dirty camping gear. I had hoped for better fishing on the 3 small creeks I fished, but only ended up with lots and lots of small fish. Water was low and clear. I did manage a "slam" with native brookies, wild bows, and wild browns -- all punes.
The scenery was fine, the hiking and climbing fairly strenuous (for me these days), and wildlife abounded. While on trails and game paths I saw many deer, wild turkeys, and had a close encounter with a small (maybe 50 pound) black bear -- close enough to get my heart pounding and looking around nervously for its mother. Evenings were peaceful around the campfire, even hooked up with Fred and his fishin' buddy one evening at their camp and shared their fire for a bit.
Didn't take many fish pics, the fish were all about the same size. If ya have seen a few fish pics of punes, the rest look the same. You guys are all used to seeing trip reports with big, handsome, dripping fish, so I apologize for putting this report up. I am, however, the King of Punes, it appears.  :laugh: It was a good satisfying trip. I caught fish and had a nice peaceful time.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

That's all I got.

Dee-Vo

Rock on! Enjoyed this.

TylerDurden

Good shit, punes can still be fun when you're catching a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

greg

Pretty fish. Always good to get out and camp. Glad you got out.

Dougfish

Go Phil.
I need some small stream love.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

I suck on tailwaters. As long as I can totter my ol' ass around on bluelines, I can catch leetle fishies. They bite about anything, and ya don't have to cast far....  :laugh:

Woolly Bugger

Looks like a grand time!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

Thanks for sharing.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Big J

I enjoyed this Phil!  V:; 

itieuglyflies

Phil- It was great seeing you and of course the campfire music was a bonus. Certainly ironic how we
said that night you might be taking home a dry tent! And of course that storm knocked out the electricity
to Bear Tree. ( no sewer pumps or hot water for showers for the next two days!). The camp host relayed all the problems
they are having and no funds to fix things. Unfortunately it looks like that place is going down big time and likely will be closed in the future.

Glad you still have the energy for the little streams. We stayed on the bigger waters and did quite well even with the heat and humidity.

Phil

Glad you guys tore em up, Fred! Man, I hate to hear that about Beartree. With Grindstone being closed for years, they said, there won't be anywhere around that area to camp. Bummer!

Stone-Man

Good show, Phil. Like small stream action for sure  !!!!