News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sights of beautiful Raleigh

Started by Transylwader, March 12, 2012, 23:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

The small southern capital city I live in...
In the not so past, I treated her with disdain and contempt. After a weekend of getting to know the capital city of North Carolina, standing back and letting her in, I finally noticed, she's as fair a city as any.

Saturday and Sunday was spent exploring the small corners of a concrete jungle. Amidst perfect but chilly springtime weather, mothernature allowed me to capture all of her beauty. I even got to try out a horse of a 6wt shipped to me from way west. One consistency I was able to maintain this weekend, was catching small but pretty, hard fighting fish.

A change of pace from the heavily trafficked tail water that will supply us Piedmonters with stripers in T-minus...
A local stillwater

Raleigh Riviera?

Time to set the horse down and get back to basics...

Sunday was yet another flawless bluebird day and I chose my arm extension to accompany me down a gin clear urban blueline...

With a new found admiration for the city that has provided for me and my wife for the past 6 years, I leave you with the sounds of a string band, I too have grown to enjoy. :cool

Peace

Woolly Bugger

too weird for words, you've got a desperate addiction
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Nice Mike.  Sometimes you get an itch only fishing will scratch, no matter where it is. 

rbphoto

Lovin' the Old Crow tune to round out the TR.

I could do one of those about rural Upstate SC's warmwaters, I do believe . . . if I ever had time to go fishing  b';

Glad you got out!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

All we have in a two hour radius in my home town is warm water fishing......

bullship

Dude, there's not a thing wrong with any of that. I used to love fishing creeks in Charlotte when spring started showing up. There could be a thousand squawking city assholes bumming around the park, but when you jump into the ditch, it's just water and fish. Fishing is fishing is fishing. Now, bring that man sized rod up here and lets catch you a carp(or a reasonably sized bass). 'c; You may never want to leave the dirty ditches after you get a taste.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

kylemc

I am so ready for smallies! I went to wade where we usualy put the raft in Saturday. I couldn't get to the water becuase two kids had been murderd there. They have opened it back up though so come on over.

This gravel access road leading down to the Nolichucky River off the Newport Highway (U.S. Rt. 321) not far from the Cocke County line is the route taken by whoever deposited the bodies of a man and a woman found dead near the river Sunday morning. Cortney Amber Thompson, 20, and Terrence Logan Stewart, 21, both died of apparent gunshot wounds. Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to contact the Greene County Sheriff's Department at (423) 798-1800.

bullship

Quote from: kylemc on March 13, 2012, 12:59:14 PMI couldn't get to the water becuase two kids had been murderd there. They have opened it back up though so come on over.
???
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Holmes

The warm water is indeed firing up everywhere!

I was talking to a guy(speakin' of smallies) that landed a couple of them on the fly yesterday. That was on the NF of the Shenandoah.

Stone-Man

Tranny,

Damn good flicks. 4 different species and that bluegill is a goodern.
The long earred sunfish is nice also....... especially in a smoker.
Surprised to see a green sunfish that far into the peidmont

Nice report  !! ;D

JT

FoulHook

Looks like the next 3 years of my life will be spent away from the great WNC, going back to school. If I end up in Raleigh, we can tag team those silty bottomed urban blue lines (still waiting to hear from NCSU regarding acceptance  b'; ). My other options are Charlotte or Clemson, so warm water: here I come I guess.  b';
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

tomato can

Tranny do you ever fish the Tar River.  I used to fish that with my cousins all the time.  We would catch everything from red fin pike, jack, gar, robin, shell cracker, goggle eye, crappie, horse fish, and bass.  You could fish from franklinton all the way to Spring hope.   We also used to fish Cedar Creek which is also in Franklin County - although most of that fishing was with seines and croaker sacks. 

trout4ever

Mike,

You need to wear a bow in your hair if you are gonna fish ITB!  :laugh:

rbphoto

Quote from: FoulHook on March 13, 2012, 17:28:04 PM
Looks like the next 3 years of my life will be spent away from the great WNC, going back to school. If I end up in Raleigh, we can tag team those silty bottomed urban blue lines (still waiting to hear from NCSU regarding acceptance  b'; ). My other options are Charlotte or Clemson, so warm water: here I come I guess.  b';

Make Climpson your 2nd choice and you'll be closer than you think to some nice (trout) water.

The Chattooga is not very far away.

And the warm water abounds - the campus sits on Lake Hartwell . . .

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

i hear tranny is in the market for a pontoon so he can fish
Lake Jordan...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!