News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cluster Fuk on the New

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 11, 2020, 18:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Plan to beat the heat was to wet wade the New at Farmers Fish Camp. What a cluster. Parking lot at the put-in was overflowing and tons of kayakers were floating down the river. To top things off a family was down on the gravel bar and flotillas of kayakers were stopping there too. Not to mention the wind, which was swirling around in all directions but mostly downstream. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind and first off I had to figure out the double Spey cast over the left shoulder. It was pretty ugly but I managed to catch three small smallmouth on a panic button fly. Also trout set on another one and had a series of grabs or short strikes.

I stuck it out for two hours on the water before the wind got the better of me. Its not a comfortable feeling to have an intruder wizzing by your face.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Note: South Fork 515 cfs at Jefferson

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Flow has been high on the SF New for the last two Summers. I would say to try closer to home on the A, but torrential rains Friday really churned up the carrot soup.  It will probably take a week for things to clear up.